View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh how awful, don't blame yourself, you gave clear instructions, all you can do is be honest, i know what ever is said it won't help the way you feel but try not to feel too bad, i know easier said than done.

mandie
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Only just seen this - I have to pay more attention.

Anyhow what a terrible thing to happen, but not as bad as it could have been thank god the children were in bed. I bet the husband was more upset than anything - his mind must have been working overtime imagining his children in the garden etc etc.
But it is a concern especially if she has been in their garden before. How about putting a trellis thing up on an angle towards your garden so she can't jump over???

What the situation now has he been round?

Karen
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 08:54 PM
He didnt come round tonight but I saw her and she said he thinks there is about£300 damage(expensive rabbit run) so I have asked for a breakdown of costs.
I spoke to the dog warden today and she was very helpful she said the police couldnt come and take Abby even if she had killed the rabbits, she suggested going back to training classes and not letting Abby off lead until we have sorted the problem. she said that it would be best to get a babysitter who could follow simple instructions like keeping doors closed and when I am out even if there is a sitter there to put Abby into a different room and lock it so no one is tempted to let her out, the only problem I have with that is what if there is a fire Abby will be locked into a room by herself and i will have the key at work with me. She seemed to think that there is hope for myself and Abby so at least thats good news.
We shall keep everyone inforned about our progress.
Mary
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 09:40 PM
well to be honest i would not pay 300 for a hutch we made our hutch and its huge but only cost about 150 but its tongue and groove.
as for the sitter you did every thing you could, you can't be blamed for what happened.
the rabbit well these things happen you offered to get another i take it they don't want one any way.
maybe its me but have you thought they could have let it out knowing that abby would go after it on sight? way of explaining it to their kids without saying they got rid.
police won't get involved over a rabbit but for your own sake take her to training if you can just to show them you have got the control.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 09:44 PM
me gsd sabba tryed that the other day he went to jump in the run i have 8 babys £20 if your interested lol what can you do dogs will be dogs thay should be grateful that your willing to replace them
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 09:49 PM
£300 there takeing you for a ride i made one for £6 and got a huch for £5 and my two gsds can not get in them get that writen breakdown where did thay but the stuff harrods
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 09:50 PM
£300 for a rabbit run-was is made from Teak!

Surely,she has moved the decimal point?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 09:59 PM
what is the hutch made of? approx size most range in pet shops from 30 to 60 not 300.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 10:01 PM
indeed the rabbits must be gold plated as well
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by shady73
me gsd sabba tryed that the other day he went to jump in the run i have 8 babys £20 if your interested lol what can you do dogs will be dogs thay should be grateful that your willing to replace them
thanks but we will pass. I did think it was a bit much for a rabbit run so I will go out tomorrow and price them up he made it himself so should be even cheaper.
Her rabbits are ok now they were a bit shocked not surprising I would be if a naughty dobie got into my run and tried to eat me.
Mary
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >