Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 09:00 AM
That sounds a bit better then Mary - isn't it amazing how a night's sleep helps

Good luck with all your endeavours - I'm sure you'll get lots more advice here if you need it.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 09:09 AM
sorry Mary must have been writing post at the same time as yours, glad to hear theres not a great deal of damage control needed, who was it the said the dog had killed the rabits in the first place?

MO
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 09:09 AM
After all that worry! And all she did was damage a run, now I can't understand why he came round and terrified your babysitter! I know something could have happened but it didn't.
Don't let them bully you into anything you don't want to do. Put them in your shoes, would they have an electric fence if they had kids? or what if their kids touched your fence?
i'm so glad the kids weren't there, it makes your situation so much easier!

Good luck! And don't let them make you feel guilty!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Thank goodness they had initially made more of it than it actually was.

That was harsh of the police guy to say that when it's not true.

Did Abby climb over the 8ft fence or go through it??...I was wondering if she went over the top maybe you could have a top section added that turns inwards that would make it very hard going over.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh thats a relief that she didn't hurt the rabbits isn't it As for the policeman well ignore the idiot. When we had our GSD my partner took him his usual night time walk (Sabre was about 18 months at the time) and was walking down the lane with Sabre on the lead. A King Charles Cavalier dog came running up to him (off lead) growling at him. Next day a policeman came to our house and said that our dog had been reported because it had bit another dog. The cavalier had one toothmark on its head according to the policeman. The man who had it had took it to the vets, the vet asked what sort of dog had done it and when he said a GSD the vet told him to report it to the police Sabre couldn't have bit the dog if it had only one toothmark on its head and this could have been done as Sabre put his head down to the dog, if he had his mouth open and accidentally caught the dogs head with his tooth. The Policeman said that we had better control him better or he wouldn't live to see his 2nd Birthday I was absolutely livid because it was the other dog that had run up to him and should have been on a lead because this didn't happen in a field but on a road. If the man had thought anything for his dog he should have had it on a lead anyway Anyway I phoned the police to complain and tell them that this other dog wasn't on the lead so why should my dog get the blame and it was a policewoman this time and she was amazed that a policeman had actually come out to our house to tell us about a dog biting another dog, she said it wasn't against the law and nothing to do with the police at all She said if it was a child he bit then okay it would be a police matter but not for a dog. If our dog had been another breed say a mongrel or something this would never have got reported to the police.

There is a greyhound rescue just down the road from me their website is www.sheyagreyhoundrescue.com if you want to ask them on there if they have any advice about your dog.

Anyway really glad that things have turned out okay after all and ignore the stupid policeman that said that
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Thank you the police man didnt seem concerned until he heard she was a Dobermann somehow it translated as devil dog, I have calmed down now and will wait to see what her husband says tomorrow.
Mary
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by abbymum
Thank you the police man didnt seem concerned until he heard she was a Dobermann somehow it translated as devil dog, I have calmed down now and will wait to see what her husband says tomorrow.
Mary
Mary ((hug)) still it is not nearly as bad as it first seemed... so try not to let it/people upset you too much... there are more important things and getting upset and stressed at this time will not help you at all. Think about yourself a little here...
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Sorry -I've only just seen this -what a crappy thing to happen -It's not as bad as you first thought tho so thats a bonus -My Murph has high prey drive so he's restricted on when and where he is loose -although he is loose in the garden. I think when you live with breed prejudice day in and day out any incident seems a zillion times worse -I'd be looking into ensuring the garden was secure -for your peace of mind and so she can let of a bit of steam there .
Don't let the neighbour blow it bigger than it was and try not to dwell on the what ifs -and give the babysitter an ear bashing lol
you take care -you don't need the stress at the moment
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Would think your neighbour is more concerned with the effect it has on the children, they may understandably feel the dog may have attacked them as well in it’s excitement. It sounds from your description that this dog has problems that mean you can’t enjoy her in the normal way and the dog is not leading a normal life, having to be kept on a lead outside the house is one thing but in your garden is very restricting to both you and the dog. You may well have said before but have you sort help for this bitch? The babysitter may well have been at fault but the dog is an accident waiting to happen and perhaps it is too much to expect someone else to understand just how much of a problem she is.

Not trying to get at you, have a difficult bitch myself, but trying to let you know what it will look like to an outsider.
Allthough this might not be what you want to hear I´d have to agree with Thordell.
And for the accident being, I would be honest with the neighbours.
Pay for all damage (as you allready have) and maybe let them get to know Abby. The closer relationsship they have with your dog (and you) the less trouble you´ll be getting with whatever happens.

But I would deff consider solving your prob with Abby as Thordell has suggested. It would make life easier and more fun for everyone.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Thank goodness the rabbits turnd out to be ok after all that worry!!!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >