Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 11:07 AM

Christmas Dinner Dog!

Does anyone have one of these? I do. I am the proud (?) owner of:

Turkey Boy - who comes complete with a bucket of sick and a lifetime of embarrassment for his owner.

Yesterday, as the table was being set for 10 and the cold cuts etc were slowly making an appearance, Turkey Boy crept into the dining room and tucked into half a platter of left over turkey, before he was spotted by my not-very-amused Step Mum!!!!

He skulked off and spent the rest of the day looking very poorly and abit sorry for himself and didn't even fancy his evening walk.

Naughty Turkey Boy!

Anyone else have similar stories?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Given the chance - I am sure I would have a couple!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 11:29 AM
rofl thats brilliant. poor poor woody, you should have left him to eat the rest of the platter lol.

unfortunately i have no stories like that, pepsi never touches food that is on the table or floor and she even follows me out of the room when i leave it. she must think its easier to follow me out instead of all that temptation of the food lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh poor little Woody, he looks so sad! Yes Pidgy we once (a long time ago) had a lovely Labrador, she would eat anything and the fact it was on a table or worktop made absolutely no difference.

On different Christmas's she pinched the left over turkey from the worktop, a Christmas cake from the table, heaven only knows how many sausage rolls of the coffee table, and some biscuits yours truly left on his armchair!!

By comparison I would say Woody was very good
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 03:57 PM
For one with a dodgy tum he sure is food obsessed. Bless her, my Step Mum was so worried about his tummy but he managed to digest it all quite well, considering ;o)
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:08 PM
aw, norty woody! im sure jake would do that given the chance, my mum shut him in my room when we had dinner though she didnt want him mooching. im sure in the years to come though, he will do things like that... he is sooo like that! complete opposite to my old boy sam.
Auntie Katie
New Member!
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not in least suprised to see he's a springer!

We had a christening party for our Bearded Collie when she was a puppy, she's 13 now so shows how long ago it was (and to prove how mad we really are she had god-parents too! ) We invited some doggy friends, one of which was another Beardie who crept in to the kitchen while nobody was looking and ate half the scones! We caught her with her front paws on the worktop leaning as far over as she could to get the ones at the back!
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:40 PM
On Christmas eve my family visited, my brother was taking the turkey and trimmings to my mums and had them in a bag.

we were all singing christmas carols and at some point during the proceedings Vito managed to get into the bag. We thought we had caught him in time- no harm done etc etc. But when my mum went to cook dinner she noticed there was an entire bag of chipolatas wrapped in bacon missing. He had scoffed the lot, bag and everything.

he is one greedy little man!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 06:03 PM
ah bless him looking all sorry for himself We nearly had an incident with the ham. I was doing cola ham & had borrowed a huge pan from hubs work to boil it in. I didn't have enough cola as 1 bottle wasn't enough so I improvised & used a bottle of Dr Pepper. When it was done, I took the ham out ready to glaze & put in the oven, there was nowhere to put the pan so I put it outside to cool & forgot about it!! of course hours later when I let Tilly out I remembered!! and there she was with her head stuck in the pan Luckily she wasn't interested in drinking the cola/Dr.pepper mix but she was licking the sides. I dread to think if she'd have glugged it down!!
Ps the improvised Dr. Pepper ham was lovely!! (I should write to Nigella & tell her of my updated version )
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Oh Woody........ soooo norty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >