Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:06 PM

Not very happy

I have had work men in for the last two days updating the boiler anyway yesterday when they got here one of them said shes got one of those killer dogs, so when they came in I let Abby go she didnt bark or growl just did the normal picked up a toy to give as a present her bum going a mile a minute after awhile they relaxed. This morning they were greeted as if they were family and they were fine with her, anyway I had to go to work so I asked them not to go into the living room as Abby was in there and I didnt know how she would react to them being in the house on their own and I wasnt going to be responsible for her biting them when I got back andhr and 1/2 later they told me they had decided she was friendly and would go into the living room(not the brightest) and all she did was lift her head decide they werent very interesting and went back to sleep, they couldnt understand why I went off the head when they told me what if she had decided they shouldnt be there and had bitten one of them I would be down the police station as we speak
Mary
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Some people really arent very bright

You are right to be angry, they dont know abby and they should of done what you said !
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical isn't it? Dare I say it sounds like an element of macho showing off was involved

When we were househunting, an estate agent was showing us round a house, and accidently let a terrier into a room it wasn't allowed into. He then got bitten when he tried to correct his ineptitude
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by iwlass
Typical isn't it? Dare I say it sounds like an element of macho showing off was involved

When we were househunting, an estate agent was showing us round a house, and accidently let a terrier into a room it wasn't allowed into. He then got bitten when he tried to correct his ineptitude
lol @ Iwlass
Abbeysmum I would have been so scared the men would let Abby out
The men who fitted my double glazing nearly got Amy run over by letting her out of a room I told them not to go in.. and I was in the house at the time a neighbour bought her in saying she was found standing in the road
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
some people are so dim
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Not only stupid but cheeky too

How dare they go in a room you've already told them to stay out of
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2005, 07:11 PM
about as bright as a broken light bulb!!! but how dare they take over your house. You told them not to go in and they did. My friend had a dog in similar circumstances and she wouldn;t let the men leave! would have served them right.
Kendo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Although they should not have went in the room I think why would you leave the house with strangers all alone very trusting aint you
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Many, many years ago, when I was a kid, we had a Border Collie called Glen. He had a habit of trying to round up departing visitors with the occasional ankle-nip, so we used to shut him away when folk were leaving.

One day, a plumber was working in the house, and he had been petting the dog on-and-off all morning. When he was ready to go for his lunch, my mum said to hang on, she'd shut the dog away. "No, no," says the plumber, "he's a fine, friendly dog!". Mum told him OK, he could have it his way. The plumber opened the door, and Glen promptly bit him.

The plumber "lost the rag" and mum just looked at him coolly, and said "Told you!".

You won't believe this, but the plumber's boss came round the next day, and EXACTLY the same thing happened again. Some people just don't listen!

Snorri
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 05:57 AM
I would have gone apesh** if I told workmen to NOT do something and they did!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >