View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:30 AM

What have you done to your ears darling?

Can I say how much I hate this woman!! Its the same woman as 'Diesel what a daft name for a dog'!!!!

I was walking the dogs on lead along the river the other day, and say the woman with her dog walking the other way, knowing that at this point there was no way to avoid her I carried on, she also had two kids who I assume are her grandkids with her and she was walking along, and she had obvilously forgotten us, so I was ok with that, but she got closer and was talking to a little girl, and I heard Greyhound and Lurcher, and then was asked what they were so said, at which point Diesel noticed a treat in the little girls hand and his ears went up, which promotited the woman to go 'oh what have you done to your ears darling?' and then look to me with such a face on her I just walked off, I swear though if this woman see's us again and says one more thing, I think I'm gonna loose it someone I know as already said how restrained I've been, but tbh it was more the face about his ears that annoyed me, the face said more then the words it was as if in her opinion they are horrid or something, and they shouldn't be allowed, and Diesel is a lesser dog for them.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Ignore her. Your dog is gorgeous, just don't pay attention to such an idiotic woman!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:57 AM
You should feel sorry for her really, she obviously suffers from "runaway mouth syndrome" and can't help herself!
Ignore her
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Yup I agree with the above - I ignore quite a lot of people these days
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I generally do try to ignore her, or find another path I just don't get people like that tbh.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I would have replied something along the lines of;
"I was just going to say the same about your hair!" With the biggest most patronising smile I could muster before walking off.

She's an idiot, laugh it off and forget it. Her opinions are not really worth bothering about.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
ask the kids if they like helping great, great, grandma with her dog!
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:04 PM
You did well not to say anything!

I try to keep quiet but sometimes it can be hard! There's a man who has two Jack Russells in the building next to mine and twice when i've been out with Milo at the same time he's given Milo a filthy look who has been stood there wagging his tails whilst his too are yapping, snarling and trying to lunge for Milo. I've only ever said 'Problem?' to which he's turned around and walked away but if he does it again i'll end up saying something else

If he had actually insulted Milo i would have said something more, well done you
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
You did well not to say anything!

I try to keep quiet but sometimes it can be hard! There's a man who has two Jack Russells in the building next to mine and twice when i've been out with Milo at the same time he's given Milo a filthy look who has been stood there wagging his tails whilst his too are yapping, snarling and trying to lunge for Milo. I've only ever said 'Problem?' to which he's turned around and walked away but if he does it again i'll end up saying something else

If he had actually insulted Milo i would have said something more, well done you
I dunno. Sometmes we can misinterpret people. I used to have a very dog reactive jrt and I'm sure my stressed out face glancing at the other dog and then trying to divert him just seemed like dirty looks and plain rudeness to alot of other dog owners. Whereas I was trying to give out the correct doggy body language by (once I spotted the other dog) not making eye contact and arching away from the other dog whilst trying to keep his focus on me.

I had a few owners think I was the one with issues over whatever breed of dog they happened to be walking, and nothing could be further from the truth. In these instances I just keep my head down and still focused on my dog and his issues.... probably just reinforcing their beliefs about me, but that's not my problem.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I dunno. Sometmes we can misinterpret people. I used to have a very dog reactive jrt and I'm sure my stressed out face glancing at the other dog and then trying to divert him just seemed like dirty looks and plain rudeness to alot of other dog owners. Whereas I was trying to give out the correct doggy body language by (once I spotted the other dog) not making eye contact and arching away from the other dog whilst trying to keep his focus on me.

I had a few owners think I was the one with issues over whatever breed of dog they happened to be walking, and nothing could be further from the truth. In these instances I just keep my head down and still focused on my dog and his issues.... probably just reinforcing their beliefs about me, but that's not my problem.
I didn't think of that But both times it's happened he's not even tried to get his dogs attention or turn around he's just stood there and stared at Milo with a dirty look on his face. If Milo is concentrating on a dog when i don't want him to i just get his attention with a tasty treat i always carry with me and smile at the other person. But then again not everyone's the same and they've just got these dogs assuming re-homed as both dogs are adults so he may not be 100% certain on how to change the behaviour but still no need to give my dog a funny look just because we've dared to step outside the house when he's already out there

Next time i might ask him if he has a problem with Milo or was just having trouble controlling his dogs in which i can suggest some things to help
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >