View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Excellent news there Lynn a good result.

I have just booked Gert a vet appointment for this afternoon something is not right she is quiet and when we went out this morning and just she just followed at my heels no life in her at all wondering if arthritis or twisted something but she is showing no signs of discomfort when I checked her feet back etc.

So today I am booked for 4.30 this afternoon she is 7 and a muscular SBT but nothing that has struck me previously that its arthritis or similar no bunny hopping or arching nothing. But Staffs are stoic so could easily be arthritis.

She is drinking more than normal of late I am noticing and I am paying more attention being home during the day now - thought I was worrying myself unnecessarily but now.

Hmmmm will let you all know.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely day out there.

Had a couple of bad days with Gary. He very much thrives on routine and, of course, with a new friend and heating problem his routine is just not there. Had a meltdown with him yesterday and laid down the law. Today he's much better and happier. It happens every so often and he knows when I go nuts at him that he has gone too far. I hate to lose it with him though

Karen (daughter) has a tentative diagnosis of Fibromyalgia so pain management it looks like being

On a happier note, Rosie is 10 today. She has a new ball which is now her new favourite
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Kazz, fingers crossed for Gert at the vets..... could you get a urine sample before you go... just incase they request one
Chris, I am pleased that things seem a little better with Gary...long may it last!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2021, 03:06 PM
Good luck at the vet with Gert Kazz.
Chris sorry you had to lose it with Gary but sometimes it's the only way. Hope they can manage your daughters pain for her, and happy Birthday to Rosie. Doesn't seem like 10 years you introduced her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 04:30 PM
I hate not being able to go into the examination room I got a water sample but they did not want it. Thanks for the heads up though Griff.

Thanks all back now nothing untoward nothing showing on manipulation or out of line they could feel/see she is very reticent to jump in car and have helped her again with the harness I have noticed her not following me up the stairs over the last few months as well so thinking now this is arthritis the vets have given me Onsior tablet have 2 weeks worth as she is due her booster then and we are going back and they will take a blood test at that time as well and if I see improvement we will see what happens then I am also starting her on some kind of joint supplement/tablets suggestions please.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 04:30 PM
Chris 10 years already wow Happy Birthday Rosie.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Chris sometimes I think "words spoken" are a good way to clear the air. Fibromyalgia is a terrible and hard to control diagnosis my brother in law was diagnosed with it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Sorry if I am missing people my mind is preoccupied with her highness.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2021, 05:31 PM
I used a few over the years Kazz best I found Riaflex but the latest and what I consider the best is Pharmaquin by a company called Bettalife. After much research I discovered it had the best and highest levels of Glucosamine and MSM etc., Also green lipped mussel is good.
If it's just starting you will notice slight changes but maybe not advanced enough for the vet to pick up on yet.
I guess wait to see if the Onisor changes her attitude about getting in the car and using the stairs.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I used a few over the years Kazz best I found Riaflex but the latest and what I consider the best is Pharmaquin by a company called Bettalife. After much research I discovered it had the best and highest levels of Glucosamine and MSM etc., Also green lipped mussel is good.
If it's just starting you will notice slight changes but maybe not advanced enough for the vet to pick up on yet.
I guess wait to see if the Onisor changes her attitude about getting in the car and using the stairs.
Thanks Lynn and yes that's the plan see if I see any difference or not, I do watch her like a hawk and oddly was thinking will start her on something for her joints then wham wonder if I had without realising picked up on something plus of course she is s nutter 99% of the time being a Staffie
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >