View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2021, 06:56 PM
Dillon started with an intermittent limp by about 3. No issues with the stairs then or the car. He would chase down the long garden we had at Upwell and run around madly in parks or the beach but of course his runs were short and sweet being a Bernese.
He went on Previcox for 7 or 10 days and this happened 3 times then vet said anymore limping I will x-ray.
A spur on his elbows showed up he had a week before that when he refused to go for a walk at all. He was then referred and that's when we discovered he had elbow dysplasia in both elbows by 3.5.
I still managed him on natural supplements up until he was 7.
Another one I've just remembered is Cortaflex I found that very good for a good while. It was recommended by another Bernese owner we tend to buy the equine one because of the size of the dog about the size of a Shetland pony.
Dogs are so stoic by the time they present with a problem it is more advanced than we realise.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 07:13 PM
They wouldn't let you in Kazz??? My vets Allow one person in a mask per consultation and my neighbour who is a vet is now seeing clients herself even though her mum is on chemotherapy. I have been to 2 separate vet practices and been allowed in with Dakota at both. I hope you see some improvement with the tablets
Happy 10th Birthday Rosie
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dillon started with an intermittent limp by about 3. No issues with the stairs then or the car. He would chase down the long garden we had at Upwell and run around madly in parks or the beach but of course his runs were short and sweet being a Bernese.
He went on Previcox for 7 or 10 days and this happened 3 times then vet said anymore limping I will x-ray.
A spur on his elbows showed up he had a week before that when he refused to go for a walk at all. He was then referred and that's when we discovered he had elbow dysplasia in both elbows by 3.5.
I still managed him on natural supplements up until he was 7.
Another one I've just remembered is Cortaflex I found that very good for a good while. It was recommended by another Bernese owner we tend to buy the equine one because of the size of the dog about the size of a Shetland pony.
Dogs are so stoic by the time they present with a problem it is more advanced than we realise.
That's the thing and being a Staff as I say I would of started something now as she is 7 next birthday. since I got her along with weekly Sardines/Mackerel/Pilchards.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2021, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
They wouldn't let you in Kazz??? My vets Allow one person in a mask per consultation and my neighbour who is a vet is now seeing clients herself even though her mum is on chemotherapy. I have been to 2 separate vet practices and been allowed in with Dakota at both. I hope you see some improvement with the tablets
Happy 10th Birthday Rosie
No they would not I could talk to the vet in the waiting room and to be honest did not expect to get in and I trust them totally but I was being a worrywort.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3