Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HWAR
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:53 PM

Basil Bassett

Basil is about 2 years old, and very fit and lithe for a Basset. He loves his long country walks, meeting other dogs, cuddles on the sofa and company.

He has lived with cats and been very good with them.

Basil is looking for a very loving, understanding and chilled-out sort of a homewhere he will be loved for his basset ways. He is never going to be an obedience champion, but he will make you laugh a dozen times a day if you let him.

He needs plenty of company, and should really live with at least one other dog. He would probably slot well into many existing packs, as he seems to get on well with all dogs. He is quite special.

He would probably be better suited to a house without children, simply because he needs consistent, easy-going handling, or he can get a bit stressed and defensive when woken. He is fabulous with strangers of all ages, though, and there are no worries at all about mixing him with company....... in fact he loves it.

We find him very easy to live with, and a joy to have around.

EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 10:11 PM
OH bless who could resist that face! Hope someone gives him a home soon though he looks like he's happy where he is!
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Hello I was wondering does anyone know does basil still needs a forever home?
I have been a basset owner for over 15years and sadly all of my bassets have passed on now. I am ready to have a new hound in my life and have lots of love and time to give and I have the experience already in how to live with a basset hound ( clowns, stubborn, messy, loving the funniest dogs around love them warts and all)

After seeing his face I know I am ready and I feel all excited at the thought of rescuing a new doggie.

Thanks In advance Lorraine x
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi, not sure ,hopefully someone will answer soon ,if not if you type HWAR rescue into your search engine it comes up with their info, you could ring them maybe,or try ringing Bassett Hound Welfare who may have some dogs in need of homes,I know Beagle Welfare who I foster for have lots at the moment, don't know if they are the same but no harm in asking I hope you find a hound soon X
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks I have emailed HWAR as its a little late to ring now and I will keep Basset welfare In mind too, but I will give a little time to find out if Basil is still in need of a home first.

Just lately I had been thinking about a new hound but not made any set plans but after logging on here and seeing basil
I have set my heart on having a new best friend. It has took me some time to get over my old fella George he was 12yrs old and I miss him dearly but now I'm ready and cant wait to start all over again x

Thank you again
Lorraine x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow he is lush, have such a soft spot for Bassets!! Good luck Lolly!!
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Thank you. I wont sleep tonight now lol x
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I do hope he's still available but if not I'm sure you'll find another one soon Fingers crossed and please keep us informed as to any new additions
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I will I think I will be addicted to this site now instead of Face-book lol.
This is an image of my old sausage called George I can never replace him but I can be just as good a friend to another basset.
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
thanks for all of the support and I will keep you all posted x
HWAR
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi,

Basil was rehomed a few weeks back - he has gone to live on a smallholding and is being loved and adored.

We don't have any other houndy types in at the moment I'm afraid. Lots of other lovely dogs though
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >