View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:35 PM
jake, 11 week old crossbreed, is £10.39 a month. thats quite good, ive been looking at insurance coz just now he has a month free insurance with petplan and its £18.92 for him. a big difference lol. i live in scotland but used to live in england so i put in both postcodes to see the difference and both quotes were the same.

lauren
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:05 PM
£20 per month (£230 per annum)
for Daisy. GSD age 3, in Essex.
I think it`s a postcode thing as well as a breed thing.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi,

I had 3 different quotes for each of the dogs and one separate quote to have all 3 on the same policy.

The quotes included £4000 vets fees ongoing (not just fo r12 months)
£2 million liability
No holiday/abroad insurance
XS of £70

Zane, 17 months old, GSD - £12.35
Yiannis, 7 months old, GSD - £14.00 (???)
Ellie, 12 months old, GSD/Akita - £10.80

I assumed Zane's and Yiannis's would be the same.

Separate quote for all 3 dogs was £44.50

I live in Sheldon, Birmigham (B26 2RP) which is about a 5 minutes drive from Birmingham airport (for those who don't know).

Laura xx
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
£230 for 12 months - £19.19 per month for Hatti-6 year old labrador
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Shadow - 1 1/2 yr old collie cross
12 Monthly Instalments by Direct Debit £8.79

Fly - 14 yr old collie cross
12 Monthly Instalments by Direct Debit £23.99
Tony_C
New Member!
Male 

10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Copper - 6 month old male Golden Retriever

£19.19 pcm in W13 8QH

I can't work out whether the MoreThan policy is a true "lifetime" policy though. Their wording is ambiguous and I can't work out whether they will pay out forever for each condition (but up to the policy limit per condition in any one year), forever regardless of how many different conditions (but up to the total of the policy limit across all conditions in any one year), or something else entirely!

Can anybody throw any light on the situation please because I want a full lifetime policy but More Than seem awfully cheap compared to other full lifetime providers?
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
For Oscar (a 2 year old crossbreed) it was £11.49 a month.

However, it only covers £7000 of treatment for each illness/accident which is not a lot if your pet develops a lifelong condition. Oscar is only 2 but has been diagnosed with atopy and inflammatory bowel disease (probably) and they cost a lot of money a year. His insurance covers £4000 vets fees a year and he was just under in year 1 and over £800 over in year 2!

I used to work in a vet and, for example, if a dog develops diabetes it can cost over £2000 just to get a diagnosis and stable treatment sorted then there are ongoing costs of insulin and needles for daily injections and it runs up very big bills very fast. £7000 would likely be run out in 2-3 years and your pet could have 8 years or more like it!
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tony_C View Post
Copper - 6 month old male Golden Retriever

£19.19 pcm in W13 8QH

I can't work out whether the MoreThan policy is a true "lifetime" policy though. Their wording is ambiguous and I can't work out whether they will pay out forever for each condition (but up to the policy limit per condition in any one year), forever regardless of how many different conditions (but up to the total of the policy limit across all conditions in any one year), or something else entirely!

Can anybody throw any light on the situation please because I want a full lifetime policy but More Than seem awfully cheap compared to other full lifetime providers?
More Than will pay for lifetime up to the limit (£7000 I think) for each condition/accident. So if your dog is diabetic they will pay £7000 over however long that lasts. If it is atopy they will pay for however many years that amount lasts then stops. If the dog then also develops an eye condition they will pay up to £7000 for that over however many years the money lasts and so on.

Short answer is, no, it is not true lifetime cover as £7000 won't last long for most conditions.
Tony_C
New Member!
Male 

10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
So just so that I understand things correctly then - are you saying that the More Than policy is NOT a Lifetime policy?

For example if one's pet had a single condition which was defintely going to be with them for life (let's say diabetes) that the More Than policy will stop paying out after £7,000 has been reached from the start of the condition regardless of the number of years involved, or, does it keep paying out (up to) £7,000 each and every year?

To clarify further, because I certainly find all of this very confusing, and I'm sure that others do as well:

Once again, for the example of a pet with a single lifetime condition - will the More than policy pay out a total of £7,000 in all for this one condition regardless of however many years it takes to reach the £7,000 limit and then stop there, or will it pay out (up to) £7,000 each year - such that, should your pet contract the condition three years before it dies then a total of (up to) £21,000 will be paid out - i.e. up to £7,000 for this one condition in each and every year and not just until the combined total from the initial onset of the condition hits £7,000?

Sorry to labour the point, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to work out the best policy to take out for my Goldie.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tony_C View Post
So just so that I understand things correctly then - are you saying that the More Than policy is NOT a Lifetime policy?

For example if one's pet had a single condition which was defintely going to be with them for life (let's say diabetes) that the More Than policy will stop paying out after £7,000 has been reached from the start of the condition regardless of the number of years involved, or, does it keep paying out (up to) £7,000 each and every year?

To clarify further, because I certainly find all of this very confusing, and I'm sure that others do as well:

Once again, for the example of a pet with a single lifetime condition - will the More than policy pay out a total of £7,000 in all for this one condition regardless of however many years it takes to reach the £7,000 limit and then stop there, or will it pay out (up to) £7,000 each year - such that, should your pet contract the condition three years before it dies then a total of (up to) £21,000 will be paid out - i.e. up to £7,000 for this one condition in each and every year and not just until the combined total from the initial onset of the condition hits £7,000?

Sorry to labour the point, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to work out the best policy to take out for my Goldie.
No, it's not a true lifetime policy as they will stop paying out for a condition once the £7000 has been reached regardless of how long. So if your pet gets a condition and it costs £3000 in year 1, £3500 in year 2 then in year 3 they pay £500 and then exclude the condition from the policy.

Does that make it clearer? Insurance is a minefield. You are much better off with a true lifetime policy although it will cost more in the short term.

Ali
Page 9 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >