Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:39 PM

noisy dog......

yes mine.....

and id like to murder the little s0d

bear with me as i need reponses on this please!!!!!!
this situation only happens when we go out:

nick stays in the lounge.... millie in the hall stairs n landing..

we like to give them space so they are separated...i dont want to even try leaving them together - they get on fine but millie soemtimes bugs old nick....

anyhow - recently nic has been scratching the wall i the lounge and compeltely ruined the paper - so we had switchround today while i was at work (4 hours)... mil - lounge - nick - hall....

i gets home at 2pm millie very worked up but ok... nick snoozing (no problems)

mum comes home at half 4 and gets told (quite nastily really)! that the dogs have been howling all day and its not on etc....

fair enough - i cant stand dogs barking... so fair comment - it was the way it was done.... oh and our wooden floors echo the noise - you want me to change the floor?!

anyhow - he has a fair point - so we explains the situation.... so tomorow we are going to put the dogs back as they normally are and im going to set up a video camera to see if millie is noisey etc....

this is the problem - i dont want an ASBO slapped on me or my dog so if she is barking and tbh i now think she will - other than a bark collar how can i shut her up?????

im even considering doggy day care as a final solution...

i dont like these neightbours as hey have a brat which screams night and day anyhow.. we havent said anything and this is the first time they have complained (quite rightly)!

so help!!!!!!!!

p.s mega tons of cookies whoever reads and replies.... and i know this post sounds bitchy but im really peed off but would like help as wel lol

xxx
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Sorry I haven't got any suggestions to make but I hope you get it sorted out because you must find it very difficult having a complaining neighbour. I think using a recorder to see exactly what is going is a very good idea and then you know what you have to deal with.
Good luck.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:30 PM
This may help:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/ENVIRONMENT/...rk%20collar%22

Oodles of good info by David Appleby

Wys
x
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:31 PM
thanks

i understand - he has every right to be annoyed! it was the way he said it... and the suggestion that our floors are noisy!!!! they are noisy neightbours sometimes aswell!!!

im going to record her tomorow... then see when he comes round what he says... and if anything else is said im going to go ask out other next door neighbour if they have heard aynthing..... but funnily enough - they only thought we had the one dog !!! (when we asked her we had our 3)!

somehow i recon hes blowing this way outa proportion!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:49 PM
That's one of my worries too, I have stood outside the house to see if my two bark, but never heard owt. Ben will howl like a wolf if Poppy goes out without him, but there is always someone in with him to quieten him.

the only time mine bark is if someone passes by out the back then they rush to the back door, barking like billyo!!
Oh and when they are getting ready for a walk.

No suggestions hun, but I hope you work it out....can I have my cookies now

Elaine x
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't have any suggestions either, except to say if it was my neighbours (who have two VERY noisy brats) i would turn round and say .......i have to put up with your kids shouting and screaming their heads off

Hope you get it sorted hun

Jann
xxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks for the replies

im tempted to say about the brat but i know it would start WW3 and we dont need it right now lol

if he kicks off again tomorow then im going to say - tell me what time she was kicking off (as today he said from half 8 - - i only went out at half nine!!!!)

until half 4ish.... erm no - i was in at 2.15... do one mate...

lol

i can fully understand him being peed off - i would eb the same - bbut 1. why kick off that bad and 2. get the times right!!

this is why im taping it - 1 to make sure no-one provoking millie - and 2. the times.... !

i aint daft..!
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2009, 07:03 PM
my neighbour used to complain aboout the dogs making noise when we went out, turned out the nasty git was actually deliberately tapping on the walls to make them think someone was at the front door!!!!( turns out he hates dogs..he doesn't do it to our other neighbour as he knows she'd knock his block off!) unfortunately because he has done this our JRT still ocasionally barks when we go out but it's his fault so he will have to out up with it til we move. I think the camera is a good idea as there might be something else setting one of them off and maybe it will help you to solve the problem. good luck x
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:16 PM
My friend has tried everything and now using a collar that sprays air as her neighbours making her life misery and has worked within 24 hours.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 08:33 PM
thanks for the replies...

yes the spray thing thats her 'bark collar' except the sodding batteries dead

might stick it on anyhow see if she remembers.....

see what is said tomorow - im off all weekend so it may be a case of going back to basics - go out, dog bark, come back and spray.... to reinforce what she should already know.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >