View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Wheaten mad, really glad to hear it's not too bad - what a relief, may lottie get better soon.

Fingerscrossed for China too.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Hope everythings okay Sarah and Lottie is on the mend again
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Hope she is on the mend quickly and so too China.
DAwn.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 04:58 PM
thanks guys...get well soon lottie
Miss B
New Member!
Female 

03-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Just got online. So sorry to hear poor Lottie has not been well. Sounds like she is on the mend and is still looking gorgeous in her pink bandage!

Sending postive thoughts...

Michelle x x x
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while, a lot has happened really since I was last on that is why I have posted much, on Thursday night the vet said that if lottie wasn't a little bit better in the morning then they would open her up. So of Friday morning Lottie was operated but they found nothing stuck so they gave her a peritoneal lavage, antibiotics in the peritoneal cavity and she also had an endoscopy.
They had to shave all her belly and she has about five stitches. She also has a shaven patch on her neck and no hair on one leg! So she does look a scruff!!! Doesn't look like we will be showing her for quite a while! After her op we went to see her and she was lying in her big heated kennel wrapped up in a huge blanket and she looked really ill but im sure she was only doing that to make the most of all the fuss she was getting because when the door banged shut her eyes shot open and she lifted her head up! Huh! So much for being
really really ill!!
She felt a bit sorry for herself for a few days and didn't seem to be feeling much better, we started to worry a bit more as the vets just didn't know what was wrong with her, all her blood were clear ect..

But his weekend we took dougal to two shows because he was getting a bit fed up without Lottie and needed to see his wheaten pals! And at the show we had a call from the vets to say that Lottie was feeling much better, she had been for a little walk and she had eaten something as well! We were sooo pleased! We visited her on the way home and we took her for a walk round the grounds and she was almost back to the same old Lottie she was trotting around and watching all the cars and people. My mom when and got her a fresh chicken which she ate a small bowl of but only with me hand feeding her (told you she had got everyone wrapped around her little paw!!) and then she
lay down and went to sleep on my lap.

Anyway just got back for the vets and I am so excited because when we got there Lottie stood up and her tail was wagging like mad and she gave us a few little kisses! Kisses from Lottie have never meant so much because she hasn’t licked us since she went in and normal she is really kissy. So it was a sign that she is nearly better. I was slightly annoyed though as when the vet came in she dived on him jumped on is lap and kisses his face off!!!!!So obviously doesn’t love us as much as the vet!!!! Lol They said that she can come home tomorrow!!

She is really skinny thought as a week went by before she started eating; you can feel all her back bone and shoulder blades and her hips. So we have bought her some malted kelp to increase her appetite when she comes back and we will just take it slowly and give her rice and chicken ect... (She will be highly disappointed as we did promise her she could have a chicken chow mien form the takeaway if she started eating!!)

Anyway sorry this post has turned out to be so long! And thank you to everyone who has been asking about her.

sarah xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Such good news,bet you can't wait to have her home,someone is going to be a spoilt girl.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Delighted to hear she is on the mend - bet you're relieved!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Glad to hear that she's getting better, great news.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Really good news Sarah
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >