Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Hope she feels better soon!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Lottie is so ill, keep your chin up,I know its hard not to worry.Thinking of you.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Hope Lottie feels better soon
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Thank you so much everyone, We have been to see Lottie tonight as they are keeping her in, she looked a little bit better and she wagged her tail when we came in, her eyes also looked at bit brighter. The vet also thinks that it is something that she ate, so we are racking our brains trying to think what she might have got hold of. He said if it was something like berries then they are 'natural toxins' and her body will be able to sort that out and they will just give her the things that will make her a bit more comfortable and help to fight what's wrong.

He also said if it was something like string or an elastic band it wouldn't show up at the moment. The vet is going to talk to some colleges tomorrow and make sure that there is nothing on the X-ray. Unfortunately the vet who is treating Lottie is not a usual vet but he is very good. But our normal vet has had experience with wheatens.

We are just so glad that Lottie is fully insured it means that we have what ever done to her without worrying about the cost, it has also made me keep a diary if they are ill, let's say they are sick for more than 24 hours I am going to have a book for each dog and just write down everything... What is up with them where they have been ect...Cause it has been really hard to try and thing when Lottie was first ill and where she has been and so on.

Anyway I will ring the vets in a while just to see how she is before bed. We have her entered into two open show on Saturday and Sunday which of course we wont take her to but we wouldn't have been able to anyway as they have shaved a big patch of her neck!! She is also rather comfortable as her kennel has under floor heating and she is also still managing to stay fashionable with a bright pink bandage on her leg; well wheatens have to look good no matter what!!

Sarah xxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi Sarah it sounds as if Lottie is on the mend ,I guess you may never know what was eaten unless you observed it taking place..no matter the main thing is that Lottie gets better quickly.. I think the diary is a very good idea. In kennels we had a day book in which all doggy happenings were recorded.
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 09:48 PM
poor lottie, get well soon
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear that Lottie has been so poorly, but it does seem as though she is on the mend. The vet sounds very thorough so at least you know that she is in good hands.

Such a worry when our dogs are unwell! All good wishes for her speedy recovery.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Same here, hope she`s well & home soon
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 09:14 AM
hi sarah hows lottie????

Alex
xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2005, 04:24 PM
i was wondering the same thing...how is she sarah? any more news?
hope she is ok and over it quickly.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >