Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
Any one ever dared to kill one of my hounds I don't think I'd be responsible for what I did next!!! I can name and tell all of my hounds apart by markings and their bark or when they are speaking... How can someone who wants to save a fox which IS vermin, yet kill a dog?!
are your hounds registered with MFHA x-clo-x ?

I dont know anyone involved in sabbing that has ever harmed a horse or hound...and foxes arent vermin they are an important indigenous species.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
I know this question is directed at Azz, but my opinion, for what its worth lol, is that i have no problem with people hunting true wild game for the pot. What i find disgusting are game bird shoots, because this just another blood sport built on cruelty under the guise of an 'ethical' 'eco friendly' source meat.

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/youth/sport//1880//

Totally agree
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 02:53 PM
are your hounds registered with MFHA x-clo-x ?

I dont know anyone involved in sabbing that has ever harmed a horse or hound...and foxes arent vermin they are an important indigenous species.
i presume theyre registered ive never asked, will find out sunday but they must be, we do displays at shows and things..

my issue with foxes is that there arent anything that kills them and keeps their numbers in control. they kill farmers chickens, ducks, geese, even lambs and sheep, and they have a right to protect their livelihood. they also kill alot of wild birds and animals, so its only fair to keep their numbers in control so other species have chance to thrive.

i dont want foxes gone all together, and i have respect for the animals, however they do need numbers controlling.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2012, 04:03 PM
So im guessing if you were witness to people 'abusing hounds and horses you informed the police?, who. lets face it, were always out in force pre ban Any evidence on their convictions?

Well its hard to report anyone that has their face covered, not sure how many hunts you have been on , but the only time the police are out is on the boxing day meet.

Yes i have witnesses so called animal lovers abusing horses and hounds, once with a young child on the back of the pony.

i had no need to report the incident as the father of said child dealt with it , and left the anti in full understanding of his actions.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2012, 04:25 PM
i presume theyre registered ive never asked, will find out sunday but they must be, we do displays at shows and things..

my issue with foxes is that there arent anything that kills them and keeps their numbers in control. they kill farmers chickens, ducks, geese, even lambs and sheep, and they have a right to protect their livelihood. they also kill alot of wild birds and animals, so its only fair to keep their numbers in control so other species have chance to thrive.

i dont want foxes gone all together, and i have respect for the animals, however they do need numbers controlling.
If they are registered what will happen to them when theyre no longer of any use? MFHA dont allow registered hounds to be found homes.

So what controlled fox numbers before man decided they 'needed' controlling?

Actually foxes are beneficial to agriculture they keep down rabbits plus voles and other rodents, though a large part of their diet is invertabrates. Poor husbandry is by far the main cause of livestock mortality. The findings of Defra study on lamb predation...

Deaths due to all predators (i.e. not just foxes) and misadventures combined account for only 5% of this figure, whereas 95% is due to poor husbandry and a variety of management problems.

I know fox can cause havoc to poultry but there are humane ways of keeping them safe, the onus should be on farmers, killing should be a last resort not the 1st.

Fox and their indiginous prey species have co-existed for millennia, foxes shouldnt be used as the scapegoat when invariably its going to be due to manmade pressues that are the root of the decline, shouldnt we be trying to put our own house in order before killing a native species?

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If they are out there, I would love to see them

I have yet to see an sab/anti that genuinely loves animals... as they have no problem abusing the hounds and horses.
Have to agree. n my experience. Verbal abuse is "normal"
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Any one ever dared to kill one of my hounds I don't think I'd be responsible for what I did next!!! I can name and tell all of my hounds apart by markings and their bark or when they are speaking... How can someone who wants to save a fox which IS vermin, yet kill a dog?!
I have no idea, but hunt sabs have and do. They have purposely led Hounds onto railways etc.. Fed them poison, all sorts. Bloody disgraceful.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Well its hard to report anyone that has their face covered, not sure how many hunts you have been on , but the only time the police are out is on the boxing day meet.

Yes i have witnesses so called animal lovers abusing horses and hounds, once with a young child on the back of the pony.

i had no need to report the incident as the father of said child dealt with it , and left the anti in full understanding of his actions.
Ahh so only anecdotal then

http://nwhsa.wordpress.com/category/hunt-sabs/

http://www.realca.co.uk/violence/hunt-convictions

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Always the case isnt it? I mean why? If you have no problem with what you are doing and you believe you are acting within the law, why cover yourself up and look like some SAS assasin!! How many people on hunts do that? Foot followers or on horseback?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 04:46 PM

My issue with human beings is that there aren't any predators that kills THEM and keeps THEIR numbers in control.

I am not a bunny hugger, I eat meat, I would be happy to kill my own food if I had to, but I just don't buy this "such and such is vermin, and therefore needs to be controlled". Vermin is as vermin does, one man's meat is another man's poison.

The only true vermin IMO on this planet is man - because there is little to check our numbers. We have cancer, we have disease, for sure, but our numbers are increasing and increasing with no apparent solution. WE are the vermin, not foxes!
Page 10 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »