Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 07:41 AM

I don't do things by Halves

No wonder I have been in so much pain since having that big old tooth out at the back a week ago. I saw the dentist yesterday as I thought I may have Dry Socket which people tell me is like having bad toothache. Anyway yes I did have that but the dentist said it was a very deep rooted tooth, and I now have also a very deep infection.
Typical me not content with one thing but have to get a bit of each.
He packed my socket with this clove tasting stuff to calm it down and has put me on Metrodanizole antibiotics for the infection.
Hopefully in a couple of days it will be feeling much better, as next week my work colleague is off and I have to cover their job as well and do everything on my own.
I've been struggling enough just managing my own work with this pain.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 09:55 AM
You have my sympathy,same thing happened to meabout 6months ago. I had a tooth extracted because it had a crack all the way through it (a big molar) and the dentist didn't dress it just left me with a huge gaping hole. Food kept getting trapped in it and i was rinsing my mouth out the whole time to get the food out.

I was in absolute agony, went back 4 timesbecause they kept fobbing me off, finally they dressed it and gave me antibiotics and anti inflammatories and it eventually cleared up.

The whole of my jaw and face was swollen on one side,i have to say the pain was worse than chidbirth ! I was taking so many co-codamol i was exceeding the amount you should have per day and they weren't touching the pain. I'm no wimp either i have a high pain threshold !

Hope you feel better soon x
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Argh reminds me of my wisdom tooth extraction He damaged a nerve so i felt like I had a fat tongue on one side for months and couldn't talk properly, the pain felt like the numbness you get in your hand if you've slept on it, but constant on my tongue, I too had to have the clove gunk in my hole and it came out like little bits of tea leaves I hope it closes up soon, evil dentists