Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bon
Ah poor Snorri dog.....I hope he is feeling better.
Snorri have you tried Logic jel from the vets? You squeeze a bit in the mouth and it helps keep the teeth clean. Poor old chap, he has still managed to eat ok though with all the problems? My Great Aunt did not have a single tooth, from being middle aged she managed without any and could eat absolutely anything (don't know how..tough gums I suppose) she had some false teeth but those were kept in the pocket of her apron
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Originally Posted by Bon
Ah poor Snorri dog.....I hope he is feeling better.
Snorri have you tried Logic jel from the vets? You squeeze a bit in the mouth and it helps keep the teeth clean.
Yep, we tried that stuff - and, according to out vet, you should brush that stuff on the teeth as well ("Brushing with Logic is the gold standard: is what he said!), but we decided that the "Virbac" paste we had been using was doing a better job, brushed on.

Both our boys get toothbrushing (they even have theur own toothbrushes, colour-coded to their collars!) on a more-or-less daily basis, plus "DentaStix). Kali's teeth (at age 10) are almost perfect, as are the rest of Snorri's - there was no way we were going to save these ones, though they were doomed from the start

Poor little chap - with his epilepsy, he didn't get dealt the greatest of hands for the game of life! So we cheat, on his behalf!

Snorri
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2004, 07:04 AM
by Snorri "Brushing with Logic is the gold standard: is what he said!),
Hi Snorri my vet (a dour Scot fond of a dram) recommended I put a 'wee blob' of logic on Amy's food,when I explained it would get stuck on her beard long before reaching her mouth he said ''Och put a wee blob on her tongue then'' Amy has excellent teeth for a 13year old but lost one front tooth at the bottom ages ago. I give her a whole small carrot to knaw instead of a bone, she loves it...also cleans the teeth without doing any damage to the old girl
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Hmmm, carrots, I might give them a go, although he is not over-fond of vegetables unless they are well-disguised!

One thing I've noticed, though - his usually perfect "catch" has deteriorated a bit, probably because these teeth are missing He used to be pretty near 100% accurate, now it's about 50% I'll work on it........

Snorri
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2