register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bon
Almost a Veteran

10-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Barbara I agree that they are telepathic or something and I have learned to listen to Zoi if she does not like someone. I had a date for New Year's Eve with this guy I had gone out with a couple of times. When he came to pick me up Zoi would not stop growling at him and put herself between the two sofa's and keep eye contact with him the whole time. Came to find out he is not a very nice person at all and I am surprised I did not see it as I usually am right on about people.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2004, 12:38 PM
Tam get's like that. She has even barked at Paul b4 now. She only does it when it's only me in the house. Jasper just waggs his tail at everybody 'cause everyone's his friend
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Don't you love that talent of Zoi Bon? I trust Tigger's instincts now too. I think that's the coolest thing Glad Zoi kept you safe !
Bon
Almost a Veteran

10-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Barbara does Tigger ever sniff the air when someone is walking by and you can tell by the reaction that the person is not liked by the dog. Zoi usually likes everyone when we are walking but I can tell now who she won't have anything to do with and she always does that sniffing the air thing???
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

10-08-2004, 01:38 PM
When I was a child my nan had two poodles they would let anyone in but wouldn't let them out again.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
He he DD, that's a good one

I always thought Luna would just let anyone in, as she's so happy and likes everbody, but since we moved, it seems she's gotten quite protective of me, when we are in the appartment.

She barks and growls at every little unknoown sound, but only if I'm home. SHe doesn't make a sound when I'm out!
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Sort of Bon. First he zooms in on them with his eyes, and he gets this look that I can't explain, then he will sniff the air. It's really weird because he's done it from over 20 feet away from the people. Freaky!! It's cool though isn't it?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2004, 09:26 AM
I really am in two minds over this business of 'protection'. It can be comforting to feel that your dog will front up to & threaten anyone that he/she perceives to be a danger. However, should the dog actually take the threat further & bite/attack then you have the weight of the law coming smack down on you and your dog, no matter whether the recipient of the dog's attentions was an intruder, a potential mugger, rapist, etc. Your dog could end up paying the final price for his/her courage. There is also the fact that a dog perceived by a wrongdoer as a danger may easily find itself on the wrong end of a knife/gun/brick/4x2, etc. I am very aware of the ramifications of owning a guarding breed. I have no doubt that they would defend me to their last breath - but I am not sure that I would want them to...
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

11-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I know exactly where you are coming from SB and to be honest I wouldn't want Rocky to 'do anything' either - just him barking would be enough to scare anyone away!
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Ian took Chesty out for a walk the other night... the windows were all open and the back doors because it was warm, and i actually for the first time in ages felt abit scared, because he wasn't here.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >