View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I work shift work, and Ben sleeps when I do...

I have to set an alarm to get up, if I have to go to work early or something special on... Ben sleeps until I wake up... He's a really good boy... In fact he can sleep for 14 hours, which I sometimes do after a 2 week stint on nightshifts.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:17 AM
usually not until we wake at about 6.30 - 7am. Then once Missy has had her walk, she likes to get under the duvet and sleep til midday
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Hummm.....I am NOT a morning person.

My dogs tend to wake up or get up when I do. Usually 7.30 in the week when i have to get the pup from the station but weekends it can be anything up to 9am.

However.....If I wake up I will let up those that want to go....I don't sleep well generally so it can be 2-3 times a night. They get no attention - I just open the door and then close it when they come in - I don;t say a word.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm an early riser anyway, so it's no bother to me what time mine get up. Mya used to rise at 5am every morning. I have slowly retrained her, and now she waits until 6.30, sometimes as late as 7.15.

I get up at 6 in the week, so I'm always doing the last walk at 9pm and then in bed by 9.30....... this is what you do when you get old
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Between 7.30 and 8a.m but they do go to bed quite late usually after midnight.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
LOL at this thread. Mine get up when I do....if its 0530 they are reluctant but more keen at 0830! Only time this differs is if they are ill.
I house-sit for others who say their doggies always wake 'em early....oddly enough it never happens when I'm there! I think they feel the vibes (or the snores lol)
shyart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Mine sleep in the kitchen at night in there bed(with a child gate on the door,sadly they would run havoc if left in the living room)So they normaly wake when they hear action in the mornings between 6.30 and 7.30 am.
niki
xx
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:54 AM
he wakes up when i do... i think the latest was 12:30
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Well when i was working i had to get up at 6am every morning anyways, so i used to take her out then. Bearing in mind she was quite young then and used to also get me up at 3am for a wee. But in the last 9 days she hasnt been getting up until 6.30, i take her out in the garden, tell her to do a wee then go back tobed until 8-8.30 lol, she loves to snuggle after that toilet break as she knows it wont be long until she goes out for a walk. If i sleep in past 8am, i get her neck over my neck so i cant breathe lol. or if that doesnt work she nudges me or paws me until i wake up.

Aint it funny how you can tell when your dog is looking at you even if your asleep. Anyone else have this? Mine usually stands over me so when i do open my eyes, she is the first thing i see in the morning, how sweet
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
During the week, I wake them up at 7am to get the garden visit out of the way before I go to get the kids up for school. They then go straight back to bed, except the pups who get their breakfast, a second garden visit and then back to bed until I get in from the school run at about 9.15.

Weekends, the pups tend to wake up at 7.50 (don't ask me why but the same time every Sat and Sun) same routine but they go back to bed (so do I) until maybe 10.30 (except this morning, as I have too much to do, so didn't get to return to my warm bed today ).

I'd never do the early mornings (I mean earlier than say 7am). I didn't do early mornings for my kids past 6 weeks of age when they stopped having their night feeds, so I definitely ain't getting up for dogs. I neeeeeeed my sleep (obviously that doesn't include when they are sick or unwell or about to/just whelped, when I often sleep downstairs with them for maybe weeks at a time - not completely selfish with my sleep )
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >