View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tollerdal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:07 PM

Lifetime cover - best cover for premium?

Hi everyone

I am due to pick up my new puppy in 2 weeks and am currently researching the best lifetime pet insurance cover and hoped others might be able to advise?

I had been recommended the Kennel Club Healthcare PLan but am being quoted £30pm which seems a bit much although their cover does seem the best. I have looked at Petplan and they are a little cheaper. Then there is a fixed price plan of £18pm with Vetsmedicover which seems a little too good to be true.

I know you tend to get what you pay for in this life but with everyones finances getting tighter I do not see the sense in spending more than you need and perhaps paying extra just for a well known name maybe.

Does anyone have any experience of these companies having had to make a claim or any recommendations of other lifetime cover I could look into?

Any feedback gratefully received
Tollerdal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Nobody takes out lifetime cover then

Have narrowed it down to two providers now so will make some direct enquiries and go from there.

However if anyone does have any recommendations still happy to hear them
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Petplan are universally loved by vets.

Not had any issues with any claims, pay vet direct.

Remember, YOUR quotes will differ from everyone else's because premia are based on postcode and breed.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Animal Friends are both cheap and ethical. Had no massive issues with payments (beyond the usual), they are a small comapny and I am impressed. There is a thread on here about them if you do a search...any 'issues' are cleared up effectively and quickly. My vets are now happy for Tango's arthritis payments to go straight to them from the insurance company, which says a lot to me.
Tollerdal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the feedback you two

Was a bit lonely in this thread before

Animals Friends was one of my final two options so I think I am going to go with them. Also helps that they will insure from age 5 weeks as picking my pup up at 7.5 weeks and alot of the others only seem to do from age 8 weeks cover.

Fingers crossed I won't ever need it but if I do I feel fairly happy my pup will be well looked after