View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Thank you, she's being nice to me now. I don't think she means any harm, she's just got a very sharp tongue and she really hates Icon... xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Thank you, she's being nice to me now. I don't think she means any harm, she's just got a very sharp tongue and she really hates Icon... xx
But that is no whay to be is it? It's love me love my dog and if she can't accept that it is her loss. As long as she dislikes Icon (for whatever reason as I really can't think of any!) then it is likely she will keep 'flipping out' at you. I don't know her obviously but it seems (from what you have said) that you have little in common with her, especially if she is not a fellow dog lover. I know personally that I could ever be with someone who didn't love and understand dogs, I know it just wouldn't work. I know it sounds harsh but if you feel it isn't working it's best to get out as soon as you can as it just gets harder to make the move the longer you stay.

We are all with you 100% hun, you can come and do a Dogsey member tour!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
I know what it's like to be in that sort of relationship, and just how hard it is to leave.

She sounds like she's using the fact that you have no-where to go as some sort of leverage. Don't give in to it. Is there ANYONE that you could spend a couple of days with, just to prove to your partner that you're not reliant on her.

It might just buck up her ideas
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
There have been a lot of very kind offers on here, I am very grateful for them all!!!

I am job hunting my ass off at the mo, so at least I will be able to get some money behind me to rent. Its right now I could really use my auntie releasing my inheritance so I could at least have enough to have a house of my own! Preferably in the countryside up here, or near the gower (a girl can dream!) xxx
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I know it's not ideal, but nor is your current situation, so I'm going to suggest it anyway Is there anyone local to you who can have Icon for a short holiday while you get sorted? If your partner hates him as much as you say (and she must be pretty serious in that if she came close to hitting him with a coat hanger ). It might just reduce some of the tension at home until you've got enough money behind you to move out, and if he can go to someone close to you, then you would still be able to see him every day.

Like I said, not ideal, and I'm sure your partner would never actually harm Icon, but if the tension at home is eased a little, then it may make things simmer down enough to make life bearable while you get money sorted out.

Anyway, I have a fairly good idea that I know what your reply will be (a four letter word followed by "off", as that would be my response to a similar suggestion about any of my animals ), but I thought it was worth putting it out there as a short-term idea.

I really, really hope that things get better soon. You and Icon really don't deserve all this.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Thank you for your suggestion, I'm sure its the most logical thing to do, but I couldn't bear to be parted from my baby boy, I miss him when I'm not with him for 5 mins, let alone let him stay with someone without me lol!

I've had lots of lovely offers on here xxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Hugs

I have a tent (not much good in this weather) or if you make it up as far as Scotland my OH hardly ever in his house, as he's usually here!! so you and icon could stay there for a wee holiday
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Hugs

I have a tent (not much good in this weather) or if you make it up as far as Scotland my OH hardly ever in his house, as he's usually here!! so you and icon could stay there for a wee holiday
Thats such a sweet offer! Where in Scotland are you (I love Scotland lol!) xxx
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4