Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
His loss gal.

onward and upward for you and yours
Thanks thandi, I knew I could rely on my friends to lift my spirits. Much appreciated x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2006, 08:15 PM
really sorry to hear about the poor turnout at your friend's funeral, that is disgusting.
As for your ex - well been there, done that, won't be going down that road again, so my thoughts are with you. You did the absolute best thing you possibly could in my humble opinion. It is a very very hard thing to do, and the reason you have NOT done it before is because you are a NICE person and gave him the benefit of the doubt probably hundreds of times. Just make sure you hang onto that key and only use it when you need a spare!!!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
So sorry you have such an awful day - it is at it's end now. Raise a glass to Jonesy and toast the wonderful life she led, then raise another to your new start.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Just caught up with this so sorry you have had such a lousy day and that only 7 people turned up for Jonesy's funeral. I know I am a little late but here's another comforting hug for you. You are strong and you can do it girl if he was not paying his way then you are better off without him.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
really sorry to hear about the poor turnout at your friend's funeral, that is disgusting.
As for your ex - well been there, done that, won't be going down that road again, so my thoughts are with you. You did the absolute best thing you possibly could in my humble opinion. It is a very very hard thing to do, and the reason you have NOT done it before is because you are a NICE person and gave him the benefit of the doubt probably hundreds of times. Just make sure you hang onto that key and only use it when you need a spare!!!
Thanks so much Tawneywolf I was just on the phone to a friend who congratulated me for finally getting my act together. It is so easy to get in a rut but doesn't it feel good when you come out of it. Thanks again x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
So sorry you have such an awful day - it is at it's end now. Raise a glass to Jonesy and toast the wonderful life she led, then raise another to your new start.
Thanks Trish,
Everyones been so kind and supportive, I really do appreciate it. Thanks x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Just caught up with this so sorry you have had such a lousy day and that only 7 people turned up for Jonesy's funeral. I know I am a little late but here's another comforting hug for you. You are strong and you can do it girl if he was not paying his way then you are better off without him.
Thanks for the hug lovezois, I feel quite spoilt now, everyone has been really kind and supportive. I don't know why I let it go on for so long, probably hoping that he'd get his act together but, hey, who's got the best things in life? Me me me!, lol. Thanks again x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks so much Tawneywolf I was just on the phone to a friend who congratulated me for finally getting my act together. It is so easy to get in a rut but doesn't it feel good when you come out of it. Thanks again x
I don't know your friend but I'm with them on this one. Good for you girl!

Another hug from me, .......and a drink or two, ......and a chat with all your friends on here, ..... and a look at all your lovely dogs,.... and life won't seem so bad.

We're always here to get stuff off your chest, we've all been there or in similar situations and we've all survived. In my case life took a huge turnaround and couldn't be better, so I'm wishing exactly that for you!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Sheree, you've done the right thing. You have your dogs beside you, and a roof over your head and food on the table. You've also got us, so you're most certainly not alone.

When you start to wonder if you did the right thing - and you probably will - read back over this thread - it will give you strength.

Big hugs from me honey - go and scrum your dogs (especially Bradley) - they love you unconditionally, and always will xox
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:29 PM
More (((hugs))) from me. What a horrible day. I'm sure the lady would have been pleased that you were there thinking about her so much.
I'm sure things will only get better for you now, I think you know you've done the right thing about you OH
We're all here to listen if you're having a hard day.

xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >