View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Well looking at things from their point of view I was invited to DiL's Parents so I am aware that I wasn't really deprived of seeing Grandson, but the thing that hurts is the knowing they didn't want to be here............that's it I am not saying any more as I refuse to blub again online!!!

Vicki - Drowning myself in a bottle of Wine......... now that would be a waste

Eeek! Embarressing............... DiL's parents have bought us a Christmas Present...........we didn't bother.............OOppps! How do I get out of that?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Sheena... This has gotta stop....... Its not fair on you.. And its not healthy for you either....

I'm sorry, I dont know what to do about the christmas present...
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Do you know what Sweep, I think your kids are bl**dy lucky to have parents, my Dad died when I was 8 and my mum died 12 years ago, when I was 35, as most of the "bbc pets" people know, I also lost my husband eight years ago.

(I put the ** in myself as I didn't want to get "told off" by Dogweb)

When will they realise that they wouldn't even be here without you and your hubby.

I would cut my right arm off to have my parents back again, if only for a day.

Don't let it upset you too much, there will be a time I'm sure, when they're "out on a limb" and come running for help.

I don't mean to sound cruel, but that is what'll happen.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 10:53 PM
You can adopt me if you like, my mother is the complete oppisite to you and cant be bother to even phone on xmas day to speak to her grandkids. It really annoys me when people have family that really care about them and they dont apreciate(sp) it, I would give anything to have family who were interested in my kids,
Mary
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
Do you know what Sweep, I think your kids are bl**dy lucky to have parents, my Dad died when I was 8 and my mum died 12 years ago, when I was 35, as most of the "bbc pets" people know, I also lost my husband eight years ago.

(I put the ** in myself as I didn't want to get "told off" by Dogweb)

When will they realise that they wouldn't even be here without you and your hubby.

I would cut my right arm off to have my parents back again, if only for a day.

Don't let it upset you too much, there will be a time I'm sure, when they're "out on a limb" and come running for help.

I don't mean to sound cruel, but that is what'll happen.
I know what you mean, lost my Dad at the age of 6yrs old, lost Mum 6yrs ago.
We will always be here for both our Daughter and Son, they know that.

Still time heals
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Poor Sweep, bet most of the problem is the selfishness of youth, it is not easy I know but if you tried not to be available when you were either wanted or they decide to visit may be the penny would drop and they would stop considering you as something that is always there when wanted, like a comfortable pair of old boots, and realise you were not always going to be at his beck and call and a little consideration and respect would not go amiss.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Poor Sweep, bet most of the problem is the selfishness of youth, it is not easy I know but if you tried not to be available when you were either wanted or they decide to visit may be the penny would drop and they would stop considering you as something that is always there when wanted, like a comfortable pair of old boots, and realise you were not always going to be at his beck and call and a little consideration and respect would not go amiss.
My Son is 27 years old!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 09:36 AM
That is the worse period, men are still children but full of their own importance and think they rule the world, the new baby will make him sure of the fact that he has proved himself and in his own mind owes nothing to no one not even you to whom he owes the most.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 09:43 AM
He looked very fed up yesterday for the while we saw each other, his face was like thunder when he got in the car :smt102

Ah well, life is what you make it, new resolution!!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep
He looked very fed up yesterday for the while we saw each other, his face was like thunder when he got in the car :smt102

Ah well, life is what you make it, new resolution!!
Thats right girl, as you say at 27 his life is what he makes it and if it makes him miserable that is up to him but he has no right to upset you and I would do your best to not let him get to you, you have done your job as far as he is concerned and now is the time to grab some joy & time for yourself.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >