Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
(((Hugs))) Jackie. Xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
but they have agreed that i can come home and go back after xmas to have a valve fitted to my shunt
Are they fitting an adjustable shunt? I had one which was controlled by an electromagnet so that if they wanted to change the setting they didn't need to operate. Maybe that could be an option for you? Might be worth asking xxx

So pleased you are home xxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Hope you are home and feeling much better soon Jackie xxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2009, 01:06 AM
That sounds nasty, I have heard of the headaches you get with low intercranial pressure and that they are rather nasty, I do hope it settles down soon, not sure I would cope to well with them.
Christmas at home is better than in hospital, just don't over do it.
Big hugs to you
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Are they fitting an adjustable shunt? I had one which was controlled by an electromagnet so that if they wanted to change the setting they didn't need to operate. Maybe that could be an option for you? Might be worth asking xxx

So pleased you are home xxx

Thank you all so much for the good wishes, yes i am home but am really in loads of pain
the doctor has given me morphine and it helps for a few hours but not all the time
i really hope i can make it till after xmas but somehow i dont think i will

Sarah they have not said yet what they are gonna fit, all i know is my neuro said he wants to do as little as possible in the way of opening my head up again because of all the past problems
me and hubby think an adjustable shunt would be better as then i wouldnt have to keep going through this, i could just go in and get it turned up or down
will have to see when i next see the neuro, which at the moment i think will be very soon
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh chick..... so sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Wish there was something I could do for you.....

x0x0x
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank you Vicki

my doctor has doubled my dose of morphine and i am 90% pain free with it , got to take anti sickness tablets too though as i was feeling sick 24/7
but i am alot happier now that the pain is a dull pain i can cope with

just hoping the snow holds off now so i can get to Brum on monday for the last UB40 gig of the tour, aint been able to go to any since falling ill at Dublin and lost quite abit of money on tickets i had brought, but really hope i make the last one
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 11:38 AM
So pleased they have finally got your pain at a manageble level, I really feel for you Jackie.

I hope that you manage to get to your gigs and have an enjoyable festive period. xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Glad to hear they have the pain under control Jackie.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 12:26 PM
So good to hear they have your pain under control, and hope they get the nausea under control too and you get to enjoy the festivities of Chrissy
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4