Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 05:08 PM

Jack at agility

Sorry first of all for the lack of Piccies. I know I promised them alst time but I havent yet got the hamg of the camera and dog thing at the same time. I need to draft in a photographer!!

Today my boy made me especially proud. We've had 3 weeks off and I thought he'd be a bit scatty. Mary Ann set us a course including 4 jumps in a box which we had to jump in a right hand X shape, the A frame, soft tunnel and weaves.
He was fabulous!!! He did it all, with no refusals ( except for the weaves which are a work in progress) and he actually stopped and waited for me at the bottom of the A frame on the contacts!!!!!! He watches me constantly cos he hasnt learnt his left and right commands yet and because of that he makes very few mistakes ( except when I get it wrong of course!!!) He even had to turn away from me today and up until now he has found that quite hard.
He is not trailing behind the more established dogs like I thought he would be. In fact he does some of the exercises better because he has no bad habits yet.
I am always sad when the end of the hour comes round, because jack and I are ready for more!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
He is sounding like a natural, it is great that you both are having so much fun doing agility. Don't know if I can forgive you for no pics though - what do you mean you have only one set of hands lol
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes we want pictures but It's impossible I know
So happy all is going well with Jack, he obviously loves it x ( mind you we have to be pretty fit too )
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Brilliant, well done to Jack and to you of course
gabrielle willi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
sounds like your having loads of fun i love agility and so do my dogs!! always remember fun fun fun!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks Guys! It is so much fun and good for Jack in so many ways. He can be an unsociable little toad but he never raises his lip at the dogs on the field and is completely safe to work off lead around them and even wait in a down while we put jumps up and down.
He is such a good boy! Extra bones for Jack tonight!!!hehe
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Sounds like he's doing really well! Would love to see some pictures when you can get some - he sounds like a little star!