Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Dressing Dogs Up

I get so annoyed when I see dogs dressed up in silly clothes, tee-shirts ect.

A coat for the bad weather is fine, and of cause dogs with very little hair or have health problems, but anything else gets me so mad.

What are your thoughts about this.

"This is just a pet hate of mine and no offence is meant".
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Did you happen to meet a lab pup in sutton park this morning,wearing a pink t shirt bearing the slogan,DOES MY BUM LOOK BIG IN THIS,.
She was a lovely girl but she looked stupid.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Tonks has had coats in the past as she hated the rain as a littley. She doesn't have any any more.

At our dog training christmas party there is usually a best dressed up competion and people seem to like it, although the dogs have to be happy with what they where, not uncomfortable etc.

In previous years I have taken my mum's dog dressed at James bond, with a bow tie and bib attached to his collar and cuffs round his ankles. He seemed fine with it and the fancy dress is only on for 10 -15 minutes.

Tonks will be going this year but will just have something simple like Fairy wings.

I don't mind if the dogs aren't upset by it but i don't see the need for it on a day to day basis.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I think dogs with a thin coat need extra protection in the cold weather. My great dane used to have a dog coat.

As for dog clothes...... no, not for me or my dogs......

MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Pet hate of mine too.

If your dog needs a coat, fine - but costumes? Bah, humbug!

I do give her a present at Christmas though - but its usually a dog toy or three
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2008, 05:33 PM
My dogs are all fine with the coat they were born with. If others want to dress their dogs up it really doesn't bother me one way or the other.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Mmm now this is also a pet hate of mine too, I don't mind a dog coat in cold/bad climate, but not just for the sake of it I want to get the Duchess a coat, as she is getting on a bit now, but the boys can jolly well get on with it Though am thinking of getting them tshirts with "Naughty" on them
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Pet hate of mine too.
Mo wears a coat in the winter, but then she is very thin with very little coat of her own.

Ehem, I'm afraid I hate bandanas too
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:39 PM
As Long as the Dog is Happy , I don't see it as much of a problems. A Lot worse thing could be happening to them.

I don't like people that dress their Dogs Like babies and carry them everywhere, but the odd T Shirts aint doing any Harm
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Not up for dressing dogs up at all. The odd fancy dress competition and bandanas are fine, but otherwise, nope. If ya want to dress something up, get a doll
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »