View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 02:32 PM
I am sure he will then. (Fingers crossed).
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Lynn, he won't get away with it in this day and age, 20/30 years ago, maybe. When I moved down here there was a lot of land by the side of the canal and horses used to graze on there, that was its original purpose, the barge horses used to be tethered on there in between shifts as it were. As time went on the person who owned the horses, fenced it off, leaving a small amount of land, a few years ago now I saw the guys brother fencing the last of the land off, saying to me the Council were trying to 'steal' 'his' land I know that if you use land for a set number of years and no one bothers you, then you can claim it as yours, but originally it wasn't. This is what the guy is doing, stopping people using it by putting geese on, fencing it off but more an obstacle than proper fencing, eventually people will not use it, then he can claim it as his. However time and red tape have moved on and I doubt he'd get away with it, especially now the village is on his case.
Griff, now you've said has he fell out and he's said no, do not do another thing, in fact if he rings ignore it a few times before you answer it in the end. Then say Sorry I was Busy, kept meaning to get back to you, no other explanation to be offered.
Girls been out, quite a cold wind. Put my wellies on for the first 2 walks, then Mabs and Kesh up onto the country park, grass is shorter there and dry tracks I can use, so changed to my boots as those neoprene wellies, as I've said before, are far too warm really. Tried to rain again a couple of times, but not managed it apart from spits and spots.
Going to read your blog, Brenda
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 03:47 PM
he did call, he apologised, said he fell asleep, then watched a film and took the dogs out, as he had to be up at 4.10 he kept it short, i said well i would rather just know and not get p*ssed about as i don't want any awkwardness if i get on the bus as i have no choice but to use the bus...he said if i need to go anywhere and he is off he will take me...i know he hates his job so will see if i can get him one somewhere else...at least that way i can use the bus without bother Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Pleased to say I got all my washing dry and put away. Griff, play it cool with him, treat em mean keep em keen!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a nice walk June.
Well Beth and I on the case or more like me and Beth will come along for support. Really annoys me this kind of thing it has been a public footpath for years it would seem.
Where we lived in Brentwood years ago there was some land and a lot of orchard to the back of our house and the two detached then empty houses. The person who bought the house next door it was detached from us fenced off some of that land and the pond directly behind our fence. It all belonged to the hospital use to be the TB hospital my grandad worked there and my dad and mum and her family as children lived in a house in the grounds. Well anyway the hospital decided to sell off that land but because the man had fenced some of it off they had to rebuy it back to sell it on. Madness. The whole hospital has gone now when I was a child I use to go for blood tests there it was known as the London Annexe not sure why as it was in Essex. Part of it was a geriatric ward and eventually mum use to attend the day centre there to visit her consultant. It is all now a huge housing estate.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 03:54 PM
That is great news Moyra....do you need to iron it now? that is the bit i hate although the iron we have now is a lot better and has cut the ironing time in half
i will try my very best to play it cool, problem is he is just so damn fit Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Me too Moyra been a good drying day here overcast at times but mostly sunny with a good breeze.
Not sure about ironing for Moyra but not for me dirty word.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Lynn, my mums uncle david has done the same thing, he took about 4 feet off the field where i walk the dogs.....he fenced it off and it has been that way for around 40 years so there is no way they can get it back...i would never do anything like that...i am the sort of div who would get caught and end up in court for theft
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 03:59 PM
i must admit...i am dreadful, really dreadful with ironing, i leave it and it builds up and i end up having to do it over 3 days
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Early days Griff. Nice of him to offer to take you places you have to go.
Those puppies are coming along really well, Brenda. Its lovely to see them develop and become proper little dogs from bouncy babies.
Missing going to training, Zen's limp is a little better, but she has gone back to this sore part where she won't let me near. Even gave a little yelp yesterday when I was trying to gently get the matts out. Messaged Katherine with an update asking if she can fit her in this week. Then if nothing improves it'll be the vets, didn't want to go down the steroids/rimadol path either, but an x ray may be a good idea, just not sure on the meds side of it. I know I didn't want to keep her, and she is the absolute last thing I needed really, but she has grown on me, she is a lovely girl with a smashing temperament, and I'm very worried its something nasty.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >