Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:19 AM

Bit of a rant,:( :(

Shona,Denis and I went for a stroll last night.Had Kaos,Kizzy and Smeags aka food diva with us.All went well and we all had a lovely uneventful walk,well until we got to Blackness castle that is .Got Kaos and Kizzy out of the car and there was this female variety numpty parked along from us in her Mazda convertable.I was walking Kizzy past her car,heard a bit of barking didn't make anything of it as dogs will be dogs.Next thing I knew this wee Yorkie flies out and goes to attack Kizzy and I,jeez it was going berserk,kinda took Kizzy and I by surprise,caught the back of my trousers as it was trying to have a nip at Kizzy,poor Kizzy wasn't allowed to retaliate and was stressed to the max with me keeping her teeth out of harms way.What did this ar5ehole do re her dog,left it to it's own devices,I said to her,aint you gonna pick THAT thing up,it's stressing my dog out,she never even gave us a second glance,just walked on,no sorry nor f all.Now if I had allowed my Kizzy to run riot like that I'm sure she would have had summit to say to me,especially if her little Fifi had had it's comeuppance,guess I'm the much better dog owner though at the end of the day.
Tell me why is it these dreaded wee dog owners think they can allow their ankle biters to run riot pestering other peeps dogs or is it just me here xxxxxxx
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Personally I would have let Kizzy tell it off Then she would have had plenty to say!

It's always little dogs that do it isn't it?

Hope Kizzy isn't too traumatised by the whole event
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Poor Kizzy poor you. Trouble is if you had of left Kizzy to sort it out you would of had a dangerous dog, because of his size and breed. All wrong imo, but thats what happens.
Next time she may come across someone who cannot control their dog so well.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:32 AM
What a stupid woman, but sadly all too common.

I think its because usually these dogs are spoilt rotten by their owners and are never taught any manners.

Tempting as it would have been to let Kizzy sort it out, I think you did the right thing - we all know which dog would have been blamed.

And yes, you are a MUCH better dog owner than her.
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Oh yeah Boobah, been there alright!
When I had my old GSD he suffered numerous Jack Russels, Yorkies and Chihuahuas hanging off various parts of his anatomy. He knew it was more than his jobsworth to retaliate, bless him, so just put up with it.
Meanwhile the owners would almost inevitably be proud of their "brave" little "warrior"!And so often they would be laughing.
It would make me so angry- if my boy had made so much as a grumble you can be sure he would have been labelled as dangerous.
Sometimes these people will say something like " when did a little dog ever kill a German Shepherd/ Rottweiler/Dobermann etc.?
That may be true but that's no excuse for having a badly behaved out of control dog of ANY size- and I do say that as the owner of a smaller breed!
Poor Kizzy, what a good girl she is.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Personally I would have let Kizzy tell it off Then she would have had plenty to say!

It's always little dogs that do it isn't it?

Hope Kizzy isn't too traumatised by the whole event
Jeez Ian she would have eaten it Kizzy doesn't take kindly to aggressive dogs no matter how big or small,age doesn't matter to her either.Shona and I have spent loads and loads of time training her to behaveshe had been doing great and it all went flying out the widow last night due to an ignorant owner .

I don't usually have any problems as peeps are usually freaked out when they see two or more Rotts with us.They normally pick up their pooches and run to the hills

Kizzy traumatised that'll be a first xxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Poor Kizzy poor you. Trouble is if you had of left Kizzy to sort it out you would of had a dangerous dog, because of his size and breed. All wrong imo, but thats what happens.
Next time she may come across someone who cannot control their dog so well.
Lyn thats exactly what I said to Shona She was fuming too,we were gonna follow her and have a quiet word in her ear but never wanted to spoil a lovely walk.God help her if she does come across an out of control dog reckon Fifi shall have a very short life span all due to a thick owner xxxxxxxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Well done Kizzy for not retaliating.

Sadly there's all too many idiots out there.
Terriers are usually feisty and I wish more people would train them. As an owner of a terrier, it annoys me no end when people don't.

And I can honestly say if it was biting my dog and the owner did zilch, I would get the blessed thing off, any way I could.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh Lorraine, what an idiot owner. Sadly, there are sooo many of them out there.

Well done to Kizzy for behaving herself - a tribute to your brilliant training, hon, and YES you are most certainly the better owner
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Hugs to Kizzy and you. Ben says he'd have loved to have been there

xxx
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2008, 08:16 AM
what a a$$hole..sounds like the owner needed a kick up the jackzy!!!!
Lucky you have trainned your dogs and have so much control over them.....her dog could of been lunch!
It is so frustarting trying to own and raise a well balanced calm, happy, friendly dog when you have people like this letting there dog run riot and basically baiting your dog.
Her dog totally provoked your dog...BUT if your dog did defend its self Im more than sure this nutcase would of been the first to scream dangerous dog...it really pees me off! I know how you feel!
The woman had no regard for the safety of her own dog or yours and to me...shouldnt be owning a dog full stop!

All the best!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >