Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 04:56 PM

How come??

When little dogs bark and big dogs and big dogs ignore the little dogs..its still the big dogs that get the dirty looks from the general public???

Really peed off the day.. was walking up the High St and there were lots of dogs..Cruiser passed with a look..
Then we came to a wide part of the street there were 2 Yorkshire terriers and their owner was saying "its ok, its ok"
Cruiser walked past just looking.. next thing one of them kicks off and goes mental, snapping and snarling, barking and lunging.. Cruiser stops and looks at this tiny thing and then looks at me.. He then sat down staring at it.. I have to say I laughed at that point.. Then he got up and we started walking up the road..and everyone was giving US dirty looks!!! whats up with that!!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 05:05 PM
some people just don't get it do they? xx well done Cruiser for ignoring them xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 05:27 PM
I've come to the conclusion that there are some very ''''''weird''''' people around today Hunxxxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Awwwwwww bless!!!!!!!! I had a weird one at the vets earlier, there was a staffie (VERY overweight) who was clearly friendly, went up to sniff Purdy in the waiting room and its owner was pulling it back going "be nice be nice" I said that she was being fine and he said to me "she's never gone for a dog, but you can't be too careful how other dogs will be with her, they might turn her vicious" - PUrdy was wagging her tail sitting nicely in front of the staffie....

Explain that one?!

Some people I dunno!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 05:56 PM
It's because a lot of people seem to think that a little dog can't bite but a big dog always will.

Heidi
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I think that the media are to blame for a lot of it, all big dogs are baby eaters and all wee dogs are toys to be dressed up and carried about!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:13 PM
its right the big dogs do get the blame and its wrong .
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I was just watching Dog Borstal and a similar thing happened. This massive guy has 2 chihuahuas who bark at other dogs.

He walks into a park, both his dogs off lead and there is a big group of dogs there. Hi dogs ran straight into the other group of dogs and starting yapping and barking at them all.

At first the bigger dogs took it to be a game and were chasing and being chased by the chis. But then a rottie (I know I know!) decided the chis were gtting too out of hand, so told one of them off. Didn't injure it or anything though.

The man picked his chis up and walked away.

When he was watching it back with Lynn (the trainer) he said 'That man should have had his dog under control!' (referring to the rottie owner).

Lynn told him it was his dogs that were out of control. The man just didn't see it though - I suppose because his dogs were little?

It's not right though. She told him he could be prosecuted under the DDA. It didn't matter how small his dogs were.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:20 PM
We had a similar incident with Beau and 3 Chihauhuas, Beau was on his lead and stood and watched as they barked and ran at him. The owners just kept on walking without saying a word.
jen 3
New Member!
Female 

25-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi i get it all the time, one woman picked her little dog up until i walked past i wouldnt mind but rocky is only 8 months!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >