View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I thought this was the third series? I used to watch everything leading up to it - gilmore girls, desperate housewives, Being Erica and then Heartland - then do all my jobs in the afternoon lol but now I just watch Being Erica and Heartland because I have the internet lol. I just wish Heartland was a real place - I'd love to stay up in the Canadian mountains like they have - maybe it is a real place it is a big set for a drama - hmmm off to google.

I need to go horseriding really soon - next to walking Sadie as she is the only one who doesn't react to anything and you can forget she is there and not need to worry, I find riding a horse around a woods at a gentle pace is the most relaxing thing to do especially if you have a lot on your mind - it's like a whole new world.

It's too bad the places around here only do schooling then allow you to go around the woods when you've earn't their trust, the place I used to go always went for a group trek and did lessons for anyone who wanted them. I even got the OH and my mum on a horse (she was 53 and never ridden one) and my OH doesn't mind joining me when I want to go - which has only been twice with other things going off and my mum had someone holding the horse the whole time she was around the woods lol

I think I might buy the Heartland books though..
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
around here i cant find anywhere that does group trekking, you have to take lessons if you want to go horse riding, , i have only ever been on a horse 4 times, its great fun, but twice was in peebles, once when i was at haggerston castle and once way up north when my mum stayed there, all done trekking and didn't need lesson's
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 11:27 AM
i watch both heartland and wildfire
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i watch both heartland and wildfire
We ought to start a new thread LOL!

I only started watching it because of Louie - when we brought him home it was the only thing on at 6am wees time and then I'd stay up with him..
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 12:55 PM
TBH I think many people have cottoned onto this "Join Up" and tried to make money selling all these DVDs/equipment etc.

I have been around horses almost all my life. My own horse was a rescue case. I have never done "Join Up" (nor watched anything on it) so to speak, but a bit of common sense, recogition of both your and the horses' body langauge and acting on it.

My horse couldn't be tacked up, hated the hose, hated having his feet picked out, didn't load brilliantly on a trailer, hated white fillers, amoungst a whole host of things, but over the last 8 years I have built up trust and worked on these things. He now can be tacked up by anyone, can be left untied by the hose, picks his feet up on command, loads brilliantly, will jump fillers. None of these thing could have been conqured (sp?) in a few hours.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
TBH I think many people have cottoned onto this "Join Up" and tried to make money selling all these DVDs/equipment etc.

I have been around horses almost all my life. My own horse was a rescue case. I have never done "Join Up" (nor watched anything on it) so to speak, but a bit of common sense, recogition of both your and the horses' body langauge and acting on it.

My horse couldn't be tacked up, hated the hose, hated having his feet picked out, didn't load brilliantly on a trailer, hated white fillers, amoungst a whole host of things, but over the last 8 years I have built up trust and worked on these things. He now can be tacked up by anyone, can be left untied by the hose, picks his feet up on command, loads brilliantly, will jump fillers. None of these thing could have been conqured (sp?) in a few hours.
That's not what Join up is about (I don't think) I think it's just establishing the foundation of trust so you can work on other things.. like feeding a starving dog for example, they're going to learn to trust you after a while but it's just that first connection.. does that make sense?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I haven't watched the horsewhisperer, just Martin Clunes' horsepower, but I first saw it on the Canadian drama "heartland" about a horse ranch. I find it interesting.

Would you ever think about Join up if the other techniques didn't work for some reason?
Thought you must of been watching heartland and Amy, I love it lol read the books when I was little, now when I'm in I'm watching it, would like to know if you can get it on DVD though, as I miss loads and no-one else watches it, so unless I'm babysitting I can't watch it on catch up on virgin .
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Thought you must of been watching heartland and Amy, I love it lol read the books when I was little, now when I'm in I'm watching it, would like to know if you can get it on DVD though, as I miss loads and no-one else watches it, so unless I'm babysitting I can't watch it on catch up on virgin .
yeah you can get them on dvd. play.com sell them ive already looked
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah you can get them on dvd. play.com sell them ive already looked
Thanks, will be looking at that, as its on such a random time, I either have to get up mega early to watch it, or find somewhere to watch it in the avo, but when is Fridays repeated, as the time the others are repeated in the morning hollyoaks omnibus is on, now I like hollyoaks, but thats three days in a row the omnibus is shown, wheres my heartland
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Thanks, will be looking at that, as its on such a random time, I either have to get up mega early to watch it, or find somewhere to watch it in the avo, but when is Fridays repeated, as the time the others are repeated in the morning hollyoaks omnibus is on, now I like hollyoaks, but thats three days in a row the omnibus is shown, wheres my heartland
It's on E4 at 5 past 12
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >