Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Exactly..... what's he going to do..... nudge you to death?
Ha ha, brilliant, I can just imagine Axel trying that...not! He does rub his face in people's crotches with it one...so can only embarrass them
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I did wonder fleetingly if it would help deter people letting their dogs charge up to Cherry when I am walking her on-lead if she was muzzled but with her eye problems it might not be a good idea for her.

I used to muzzle her when doing agility off-lead and a little girl at class was scared of her but I pointed out that she was actually the safest dog there!
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Try having a muzzled GSD, you literally get people fleeing from you As you said, they're the safest dog you can get, they can't do anything to you. I've long learnt to not be bothered by people's reactions, Casper wears a muzzle when in high dog-traffic areas because I don't 100% trust him not to try to scruff dogs (in play but they don't always see it that way), I couldn't really care less if people think he's a horrible dog, I walk with other GSD owners for the very purpose of being with likeminded people who won't judge us at the sight of a muzzle.

That really did make me laugh (experienced it myself).
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

That really did make me laugh (experienced it myself).
And me.... I had a huge argument once with someone about my dog, which ended:
"And IF it's as well trained as you say, why is it wearing a muzzle then?"

Only it wasn't a muzzle, it was a Halti.....
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Actually, I got the opposite reaction from people when Daisy was muzzled. They would insist on trying to `make friends` with her. Dogs Like Me! they`d protest as she desperately attempted to disembowel them through the muzzle.
The only time someone objected to her because she had a muzzle on was in a training class and the woman running it drily pointed out that she was actually the safest dog there since she couldn`t bite.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I do tend to avoid muzzled dogs, just because I assume that's what the owner wants. If my dog needed to be muzzled due to aggression I wouldn't want people approaching him/her.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid at a muzzled greyhound however.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I do tend to avoid muzzled dogs, just because I assume that's what the owner wants. If my dog needed to be muzzled due to aggression I wouldn't want people approaching him/her.

I do to, especially if the dog is behaving like it wants to be left alone too.
Glad people see the difference with muzzled Greyhounds, Axel has yet to need his, but it's there anyways.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I do to, especially if the dog is behaving like it wants to be left alone too.
Glad people see the difference with muzzled Greyhounds, Axel has yet to need his, but it's there anyways.
Better to be safe than sorry!

Our GSD had a muzzle, sofest dog on earth but used to try and eat rubbish on walks; so he had a muzzle with a cover in the bottom- quite like many greyhound muzzles I have seen.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post

Oh no, I want people, and their dogs, to approach him, people he is fine with to an extent, he just needs to learn manners with dogs..as many will see next Saturday at the Dogsey walk...which is actually why he is wearing one - so he gets used to it. I also like the fact he cannot bark whilst wearing it - he can't get his mouth open enough...peace and quiet

Although, if he does well on the Dogsey walk, he will be going to be getting a greyhound muzzle so he can do other things. And we'll more than likely be going to Mablethorpe again this year, so I will insist he wears one there. I am going to succeed in getting him good with other dogs!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
You can't stop people jumping to conclusions, I NEVER assume the reason a dog is wearing a muzzle is because it might bite a human or a dog, dogs wear muzzles because they scavenge, because they lick, because they chew the lead, etc etc.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >