View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Ahh, glad you found somewhere. We took Bailiie on her first holiday to Cornwall, and like you, I didn't and still don't take any chances with her. Walking on the south west coast path is fabulous, but Bailiie always stays on her lead, except when on the beach.... You can pick it up almost anywhere and a lot of it you can do round routes so you don't have to go back the way you came!
We haven't really stayed on that coast, we've generally been on the north coast and we love St Agnes and Perranporth - there's great places to eat around there and if you have an iPhone you can get an app called Doggie Pubs which is great and has very good suggestions - not sure if its available on android
If you want days out, Padstow is lovely, so are St Ives and Mousehole. I think the closest we've been to the Lizard was Cadgwith and that's very picturesque - thatched cottages everywhere, we even did a bit of the coast path walk there too.

The best advice I can give on taking the dog is to go prepared - take everything! Towels, toys, food, chews, treats, dishes, bed/crate, leads, collars, loads of poo bags, doggy shampoo; everything but the kitchen sink really!! But you probably guessed that anyway
The main thing is to enjoy yourselves. We've had a fab time each time we've been and this year will be our fourth now in Cornwall with Bailiie.
We just love it, hope you do too

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks! It is Cadgwith where we are staying. Looks gorgeous.
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Just bought a crate cover and cooling coat for holiday. Crate cover because at home we use a big blanket and it's a bit heavy and annoying to take with us, and cooling coat as she can't be left in the cottage on her own so whatever the weather she has to be out with us. So excited!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2013, 09:20 PM
It's fab isn't it? Knowing its all coming round so quickly now too; ours is only 7 weeks off and I'm counting!! I'm certain you'll have a fab time.
This was how it looked when we went for the day (sadly it rained the day we went but it didn't spoil our fun )
The pub is in the middle...

The chocolate box cottages...

The little cove/beach....

You'll have a lovely time. We were in St Ives the year we visited Cadgwith and we did have mixed weather but we had a great time all the same, hence why we keep going back

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Gorgeous photos - feel like I've been given spoilers! (In a good way).
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Hope I haven't ruined your holiday by posting pictures That wasn't the plan, only to show you how lovely it all looks

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2013, 03:08 PM
No I was joking! It looks beautiful how can that ruin it?! Hehe.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank goodness
It'll be ace.
I've been trying Bailiie out in her travel crate - I got it really for taking to shows when we go out with our training team but thought I'd see if she'll settle in it for holidays too. It's a little lighter in weight and I can fit a bed inside it and fold it up too so that'll save a bag space in the boot!
We are off to mums for the bank holiday weekend so I'm thinking of testing it out properly
If it works it'll be great but if she's not so happy then I'll stick with her normal crate.
Hope you've managed to get almost everything you need, still a few weeks to go yet so still time

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2