Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Hello Poo Watchers!! Just got back from the vets. All good news really, we saw the senior vet as well as Tai's vet, who had a jolly good feel of Tai's abdomen and reckons the blockage is working its way through slowly. Whether it is just faecal matter, or whether it is the plastic as well, we cannot tell without going in, and that is not an option because of his cardiac arrest. It is just a waiting game. We have discussed diet, and he has suggested giving Tai raw tripe mixed in with the cooked chicken 3 times a day - small amounts of course in each feed - and then after a week, introducing pureed raw veg - carrot - just take it very slowly, no bones of course, no raw carrots for now, not even pureed, just raw tripe and a little cooked chicken and rice. We have been given some more antacid medicine, but we are off the ab's now.

With a fair wind and a bit of luck, the old boy will make it I think and hope!!

We just need that first poo!! It will need Pickfords to take it away, but OH is all primed with carrier bags for pick up!!

Thanx everyone for your kind thoughts ... it's good news re my brother as well. He is out of theatre, will be in Queens Medical at Nottingham for a further week, and the surgeon deemed the op to be successful so hopefully that means they have removed the tumour. He is on pain killers and his daughter and son in law are going in to see him. I shall be going in over the weekend.

Fingers crossed for both my boys!!
That's good news,
thanks for the update,fingers crossed here they both continue to make good progress
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Aw that is lovely news Nikki! I am so pleased that it all seems to be going well and fingers crossed that long-awaited poop will show itself soon and hopefully without too much trouble for Tai.

Great news about your brother too eh? Treat yourself to a large glass, or cup, of whatever rocks your boat.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Oh she'll drink anything with alcohol, so you have to watch her around the anti freeze
Very well done to Tai and you 2 for seeing him through this. Like you say when this poo comes you'll need Pickfords, and glad it is OH with the task of sorting through it looking for foreign objects that tripe should have him going
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Way to go for both your boys. May they both go from strength to strength.

Everything still crossed for both of them.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 10:07 PM
That's such very good news Gnasher, I am so pleased... both your boys are doing so very well!

Can't wait for Tai to do his business, there will be such great excitement when he does!!!

Wys
x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Bit of a set back guys.

I was on the phone to my mum last night to update her about my brother, when Tai suddenly collapsed. His back end just went. It was so reminiscent of Hal and his septocaemia. OK one minute, on death's door the next.

We think that the vets manipulating his abdomen may have caused the plastic mass to pierce the bowel, the contents of which would have flooded the body cavity and caused septocaemia. It would take a few days to actually kill him, so OH is monitoring him today closely and if he doesn't recover, will treat him with Metronidazole that we have in stock for giardia. It is an excellent anaerobic antibiotic for treating gut bugs, so will hopefully get in there and knock the septocaemia on the head if that's what it is.

So not good news - still no poo of course - and the dog was in considerable pain last night after we carried him upstairs. His breathing was fast and very shallow, just like with Hal when he had the septocaemia. All very worrying.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Thinking of you both Nikki, I am so very very sorry, just when we thought it was getting better and now this
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Fingers crossed for you & Tai xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
I know ... no news from OH though, he was threatened with DEATH if he didn't keep me fully appraised of any downward turn, so maybe things are not too bad.

It just smacks so resonantly to me of Hal and the septocaemia - the pattern has been just the same in every way. Still, at least we know what it might be, and we can tell the vet, and they can give him a massive jab of ab's.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh dear, not a good update from your last past after having just read the previous one and got all happy again for you Nikki.

I'm with you on that Metronidazole (it's a wonder drug).How long has it been now since anything came out the other end then?? Oh Lordy, my vibes have now been put on mega strength to get this poor lad through this.xxxxxxx (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) for you Nikki.xxxx
Page 15 of 27 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »