Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Morning. Dogsey DAILY THREAD - Thursday

Morning everyone

Hope you and the doglets are all well this morning, we're both good today and looking forward to Dave returing tonight, and I think I'm going to give him a whole week-end off , so we can go and look at some estate cars for me and Zena before my Focus dies on me. The clutch is rapidly going, and we have lots of very steep hills around here, and I just know that one day, it won't be getting me up one, and it'll probably be at a set of traffic lights, in rush hour gaaaawd! He won't put a new one in coz he said it's just not worth it. He's now sold his work's van so he has some cash and I can't be left home alone without a set of wheels.

Just thinking what I've got to do today, bit of shopping at Mr. S, pop into the van to settle up with the builder who did the bathroom suite in there, and that's about it for me today, so a couple of nice liesurely walks with Zena. I might take the rake up to the caravan and do the lawn, as being in a forest it's covered in wet leaves which doesn't help that grass, so I really must get them off, although I'll end up crippled by Friday if I rake it with the state of my lower back. I might take the new leaf blower if it stays dry, and blow them all into next door's garden, much easier That'll mean I do my shoulder in coz it's so darn heavy, hmmmm, back or shoulder???

Well that's it for me today, nice and short for a change, I hear you say. I'll be hopping in and out throughout the day to catch up on you all, hope nobody has any trauma's (I know I will!), and hopefully somebody will give us a good old laugh as per usual
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Morning Helena. Morning all.

Of course you need a set of wheels for you and Zena. I had a clutch go on me once up a a hill luckily Gorden was with me and told me what to do not sure I would remember it now though.

Good luck with the leaf blowing neither seems ideal can you not give Dave an itsy witsy teeny weeny job for the weekend ?

Not to much on here today except the usual tube station run. Getting boring now and get Dillon some food and mixer.
Bedrooms done yesterday and washing in already so just the downstairs to tidy today and walk Dillon of course and hopefully get some cuddles in. And of course hope to get some skype time with Gorden if not it will be email again.

Iv'e worn myself out now thinking about all that.

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Morning Lynn Your mission for the day then is to remember what Gorden told you about that clutch!!!! Good idea too about Dave doing the leaf blowing, because as it happens, he's coming up to the van tomorrow with me to check on that new loo, so if I take the leaft blower in the back of the car..... Hope you get hold of Gorden on Skype, and your days won't be boring as time goes on, the time will fly past and look, you've already almost done a whole week all by yourself
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Morning all,

Well I'm back from a really good exhibition in Sunderland. It was a long day bough and didn't get home until 9.30pm so a bit tired this morning.

I've got to get into work early to unload the car before the next person takes it (it's a pool car) but really just want to curl back up in bed and have another couple of hours

Lots to catch up with at work today having been out of the office for two days. Roll on tomorrow when I've got a day off.

Have a good one everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Morning H, and all
Thought you was ill there for a minute H letting Dave have the weekend off, but then I noticed that was just off doing things to the house . You need wheels for you and Zena though so make sure you get something nice .
Kyiro was off his food all day yesterday and his tummy was gurgling. He looks quite a bit brighter today so I will give him some chicken and rice this morning. He is still limping and his foot still bleeding on and off a little, but if thats no better after his weekend in kennels then I will take him back to the vet again.
Lots of housework for me today and washing and maybe a quick trip to Tesco for some salad stuff. My holiday is drawing to an end too quickly and I have no more owed.
Hope you get some Skype time with Gordon today Lynn.
Enjoy your day everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Morning all

I have a thumping headache this morning so staying at home today. It's one of those that makes you feel like you have one of those critturs on your head banging away with a mallet.
Usually sleeping through it gets rid of it. Hope so, I have to go out tonight with the cadets to Invergordon for a banner rehearsal.

If I get rid of it, I'm going to catch up with the ironing later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all.

Gave Pereg her SAMe tab [size of a horse pill] and as there was only one left in the blister pack of 10 that I keep in the kitchen I went into my bedroom to get another lot out of the drawer. While I was in there I thought ah, might as well use the loo here before I go back into the kitchen and then back in here, so put the blister pack on my bed and rolled into the ensuite.

Did my right shoulder in while shifting to the throne [Do Not Ask How], got back on Chair [Xanadu is on charge], back into the bedroom, through the back room, through the kitchen and into here. And remembered the SAMe was still on the bed. where it can stay until I next have need to go in there.

Right - so then I heard the loudspeaker of the truck that comes round collecting second-hand furniture and white goods, yelled out to him and pointed to the couch-wot-is-now-opened-into-a-double-bed. He did not want it. "Not good enough". So I said I would pay if he would take it and he had the bluddy nerve to say 200 shekels [£32] so I said no way and he made an obscene gesture, called me something extremely nasty in Arabic, and drove off. If I wanted to be nasty I would report it and that will be his permit to come on the Moshav cancelled for the next month. Not sure whether I want to or not though, although I know I should.

Enjoy your day everyone, and for those who work, remember that after today there is only one more day until the weekend!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:49 AM
I just wanted to say good morning to you all before I shoot off to buy some more milk - I've just spent 1/2 hour wiping/cleaning up 2 pints of milk that I managed to knock on to the floor What a start to the day

I'll post again later when I've calmed down a bit!!
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Morning all

I think with a clutch problem you need keep the car in 2nd gear and put your foot down

I'm now in work waiting to open the pharmacy, looks like its going to be busy day

Had a lovely walk with the dogs this morning, Max was full beans bless him!

I'm going to discover dogs on saturday so planning my journey
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Good morning all.

Well, the hot water saga continues. The plumber can't come until late Friday/Saturday morning because his supplier won't have a new one in until then for him to exchange the faulty one <sigh> - thank heavens for electric showers . He's also 'found' a couple of jobs that need to be done when he fits it to make sure it's not something else wrong that is causing the clocks to give up the ghost. In other words, he's found a couple of jobs so that he can charge for his journey to change the clock. I'm a bit miffed, but he is a good bloke and doesn't charge the earth so I guess I'm stuck with it.

Making the most of today's walk because oldest lad is going with us tomorrow - he tends to moan and gripe a lot. We'll probably go about 11 am.

Rosie got me up at 5.45 am this morning so I let her have her wee then got me head down on the sofa for a couple of hours.

Nothing else much planned. Bit of washing maybe, but other than that, the day's my own

Have a good 'un all
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »