Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 09:40 PM

The New Terrier Has Arrived!

Good evening all!

Tilly arrived yesterday. She has been really good so far! She looks a bit scabby, am going to give her a bath if 1) the weather gets better & 2) I am 90% sure shes not going to try and eat me for trying!
She whined a bit when I first went to bed last night, but once all the lights had gone out and it was completely quiet for 5 mins she stopped and went to sleep!
Havent let her off the lead, but to be honest, it's going to be a long time till she is even allowed in the garden not on a lead! Just waiting to be paid for doing some work with the oh, then I am going to order a lunge line to walk her!
I've also noticed that she has selective hearing, but she has always been like this, so I'm going to be playing a lot of hide and seek with her in the house!
Also struggling to get the balance right between letting her loose in the house and putting Midge in his 'room' (the kitchen) and having midge loose and keeping tilly in her cage. ( Hopefully, she will eventually have the dining room as her bedroom, but as she has always been in a fairly small 'kennel' then I don't want to overwelm (sp) her by suddenly giving her lots of room! Will progress to leaving her loose in the dining room, when I am doing the dogs, with her cage door open and gradually make the period of her being loose in the dining room longer)

Also just making a 'doggy' shopping list and need to get a collar for Tilly. I've only got collars for my boys, a camo one and blue one, and I don't want people to mistake Tilly for a boy! What colour collar will go better with a chocolate bitch!? I can't decide, normally, I'd just get pink, but not sure if it will go!! What does everyone think!?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Pink will go just fine with chocolate.

Where's the photos? We need photos!

MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Agree with Vicki, pink will be fine - and we do need pics
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Am waiting for the OH to get my batteries, then I'll be snapping away!! Promise!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Yep cant wait to see little Tilly!!