View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 05:58 PM
ceiron]its not the progress amde that i am questioning in the time, its he ability to continue this and then voercome any other problems arising, these are trained dog people and the woenrs arent so i wouldnt feel comfortable starting the training and relying on them to continue it to the extent it nees be
i dont see how this has anything to do with what methods are used. Its up to each individual owner to put the effort in after the trainer has gone, i dont think the training method would determine how well this went. I think with any training from a trainer , ongoing help should be offered, not just a quick fix course.

with the emthods used it sets up al lthe foundations and very little expertise is needed form th owners to sustain it,

i think using positive methods you could set up just as much groundwork. Very little expertise is needed to use positive methods either!

i dont think the amount of time can be used as an excuse to use punishment.
DebVM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Amie
But Mic Knows what he is Doing!!! .This programme is going into 100's of Homes where people don't. He has some responsibility ,to the viewers whether we like it or not. People see things like that think its easy(Because Mic made it look easy) Try it and get badly Hurt. If After doing it Mic or someone else said Never ever do this on your Dog as it can be very dangerous etc. it would not have been so bad .And then if someone is stupid enough to still try then thats there fault..

I know there is a warning at the end of the programme but you have to be a speed reader, with bl**dy good eyesight to catch it.
agree with you there, mick does know what he's doing, but joe blogs down the road doesnt! and could end in a disaster, eg dog at the vet, or owner at the hospital, but it would be there own fault if they did get bite for trying something they have no experience in! you certainly wouldn't catch me doing that move on a dog! they should highlight that at the start, "do not try any of the following shown in this programme on your dog! these people are proper trainers"
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by DebVM
agree with you there, mick does know what he's doing, but joe blogs down the road doesnt! and could end in a disaster, eg dog at the vet, or owner at the hospital, but it would be there own fault if they did get bite for trying something they have no experience in! you certainly wouldn't catch me doing that move on a dog! they should highlight that at the start, "do not try any of the following shown in this programme on your dog! these people are proper trainers"
Trouble is it would be their Fault,but it would be the Dog that pays with a Trip to the Vet to be pts
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I enjoy the programme. I bet Mic is a sweetie really!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Trish

Thats gave me the Best Laugh all week. :smt005 :smt005 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Mic a sweetie
DebVM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Trish

after seeing him give that weim a massage, i thought he can give me one any day!
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2006, 02:28 AM
I haven't watched last nights episode yet but I'll catch it on Teleport Replay later. I loved last weeks episode, although I was getting really annoyed with the girl with the Lab...She didn't seem to want to listen to anything at first so why was she there? At least she had success in the end...I'm glad that Mic admitted he'd made a mistake with the boxer and did his press ups. It showed the critics that he believes its a good method anyway!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Gosh what a can of worms!!!!
Have to admit I agree with wys about this weeks show and methods. Also about the owners being in a b&b at least they'd be more refreshed...but it wouldn't make such good tv would it and that's what the show is essentially all about, the dogs are being used to make a tv show and the methods adopted for training reflect that. Mic has already said he was told to dress in the uniform and use methods he'd use in the police/military not with pets. Perhaps therefore, the programme is fundamentally flawed...hmmmm vs and the fluffy it's me or the dog is seeming more appealing now...especially after the great danes last night!!!!!
Just like to say 'thanks' to all of you, it's great to be part of a discussion forum that really makes you think (even though my head is even more cotton wool like today than yesterday...will the pups bum ever dry up she ponders.....) I LOVE debates and discussions and it's rare that I ever change my view or opinion (ask OH poor man!) but DW has made me change my mind, after a lot of deep thought and debate, not once, but twice now. Brill!!!! Thanks everyone for being so friendly in our debates, I personally think that's fantastic and an indication of what great doggy people we are. Hoorah for us! (OMG I'm sorry. Need to sleeeepppppp.....)
bagoratz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by DebVM
after seeing him give that weim a massage, i thought he can give me one any day!
mmmm....or he can practice his press ups on me...not fussy really

I haven't had a response from the BBC yet - will keep you all posted
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Now Now Ladies you will have the Hard Man of Dog Training Blushing
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »