View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 07:45 PM

Farmers - are they prejudiced against some breeds?

I copied and pasted this in to a new thread as part of snori idea about starting a thread about farmers

i would generally (not all) say that they have big breedism problems!
ie if ur dogs not a border terrier, lab, collie or springer its a beast ( i know that sweeping but where i live its very true) so many farmers hate my bull breeds because they think they are evil!

what would u say?

I got some breedism today infact from my farmer! ******

Hes told me to get bessie onlead (up a public lane) and he was the other side of the gate! its springer spainel and border collie ally were i live, so cus i have 2 staffy bulls they feel the need to think we are lower class and scum and think my dogs are too! ahhhhh typical farmers, been as i live in farm land!
so anyway

bessie was playing with her frisbee and i kept borris on lead cus near the main road and the ****** bolts! and he said nasty evil dogs! OMG i saw red im under hell of alot of stress and have the flu to top it all off at the mo! So i just screamed at him JUST BAD WORD OFF! leave me and my dogs alone they have never done anything to you! and he looked shocked (i was hoping he may walk in a tree or better still fall over) and he said NO NEED TO BE SO RUDE! wtf he was rude about my dogs so i said to him LIST YOU PRIMATIVE FARMER SCUM YOU TELL ME ONE MORE TIME MY DOGS EVIL AND PICK ON ME I WILL DO MORE THAN BE RUDE

I know i sound rude and nasty and i was being but this farmer really has in to me! not long ago he told me bessie ran away (never ever ever has she ran away) and i knew for a fact she didnt cus she was with me when he said he saw a brindle EVIL staffordshire bull terrier (his words) and was barking and trying to kill sheep (well bessie love sheep for god sakes) so any trouble its my dogs even thou they never get out! he also went to hit my dogs

so i let rip

hes very primitive and every farmer around where i live is!

annoys me
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 07:53 PM
NOt all farmers are this way though. I lived on a working farm until 4 yers ago - and I'm afraid where we were there were a great deal of the 'ard' staffy owners - where the dog is not a pet, but an accessory. My father had to shoot dogs - it's not lice and it haunts him - he holds no prejudiced views, but when dogs kill your sheep and threaten your livlihood something must be done. I kno your dogs weren't doing this, but any farmer these days feels threatened as the number of badly owned and trained and controlled dogs appears to be on the rise, and the price of sheep keeps going down if you get my drift.

anyway - I agre that must have been a horrid experience, but also pity the farmer who isn't this archaic in attitude.

xx
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 07:54 PM
What an a**hole! No wonder you saw red. It's true, so many people treat bullies like they are scum of the earth! Just today, Graham and I took our Danny Bear to the park. We walked past a car as someone was getting out and they looked at us as if we had the Yeti on the lead! Wee Danny wasn't even looking at them! Fair enough, farmers have to look after their livestock but there was no need for him to be so damn rude to you. If only everyone was as intelligent as us doglovers eh? LOL
dennysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Dont worry i just tell them :
'its not the dogs you want to worry about mate it's the bitch on the other end of their lead'

then let rip into him about anything and everything blame him for the smell from his fields the lot i dont get hassled anymore...
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
NOt all farmers are this way though. I lived on a working farm until 4 yers ago - and I'm afraid where we were there were a great deal of the 'ard' staffy owners - where the dog is not a pet, but an accessory. My father had to shoot dogs - it's not lice and it haunts him - he holds no prejudiced views, but when dogs kill your sheep and threaten your livlihood something must be done. I kno your dogs weren't doing this, but any farmer these days feels threatened as the number of badly owned and trained and controlled dogs appears to be on the rise, and the price of sheep keeps going down if you get my drift.

anyway - I agre that must have been a horrid experience, but also pity the farmer who isn't this archaic in attitude.

xx
hey zounds

i did say not all farmers in my post and i will say **** when people push me to far, to be honest i dont care if they farmer or a bull breed owner, lie about my dogs and make them out to be evil they u feel my anger!
but he picks on my dogs because they are staffies, so this is breedism and ALL the farmers around here are the same

hey minky im sorry u got that today, but as bull breed owners our dogs and us do suffer from this, its our job to educate them and tell the **** off now and again and how cute is danny!!!!!!!
dennysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:04 PM
But its not just farmers who are like this, i get women at the school tell hier children to 'come here quick' and then shield them from my 'ferocious looking nine year old staff' or i get the kids scream 'dont let the bad dog eat me mummy' in histerics crying while their so careing parent tells them 'its ok just hide here'

How grown up is that...........

Some people just make me so mad,they come from all walks of life, if i had my way they would all p**s off back too

Sorry just had to vent that,i feel so much better now
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Muppets like that just anger me. If only they knew how loving a bully can be. Still, mud sticks and all that and people with "lesser intelligence" turn into sheep and follow the flock. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's unfounded bad reputations that get poor dogs, not just bullies I might add, into hot water. I'm a firm believer in nurter not nature. If a pooch is brought up correctly, there shouldn't be any reason for badness. Sorry, off my soap box now. Keep your chin up and s*d the farmer.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Blimey Hailey-not had a good day then...

Anyway,please dont think all farmers or landowners are the same cause i use several fields for doggie walking and none of them have ever said anything negative about either Abe or Vegas.The only time anything was ever said to me was when i was just about to go into a particular field with Abe and a car stopped beside me.Bloke inside just said "best keep your dog on the lead as i've got cattle in there".

I thanked him for telling me and just went in keeping Abe on lead.

What you should have done was to agree with everything he said as this would have wound him up better!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by dennysmum
But its not just farmers who are like this, i get women at the school tell hier children to 'come here quick' and then shield them from my 'ferocious looking nine year old staff' or i get the kids scream 'dont let the bad dog eat me mummy' in histerics crying while their so careing parent tells them 'its ok just hide here'

How grown up is that...........

Some people just make me so mad,they come from all walks of life, if i had my way they would all p**s off back too

Sorry just had to vent that,i feel so much better now
Here here, I'll second that! Well done :smt023
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by dennysmum
Dont worry i just tell them :
'its not the dogs you want to worry about mate it's the bitch on the other end of their lead'

then let rip into him about anything and everything blame him for the smell from his fields the lot i dont get hassled anymore...

lol i shall try that sometime! i hate breedism and i hate it more when directed to my dogs! aahhhh

like my mate she has 1 ab bitch, 1 ISBT male and one bull mastiff bitch and one staffy male! she just took on another dog a 8 week old isbt x presa (so bandogge really) and the farmers treat her like scum, yet her dogs are naught yes, but they are not out of control when off lead they are under the age of 3! (yes she mad i have told her) and she forever getting the blame for dead sheep yet her dogs are always in door less they are being walked! so u see farmers round here are EVIL!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »