Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:03 PM

02 phones query

Can a number from a pay as you go phone be traced ,To find out who the owner is ,
My nephew who is fourteen is being threatened by someone , Who is texting his phone with threats ,The boys who are doing this are about 18 /19 and when any of us call the number to see if we can find out who it is they wont answer , My sister has involved the police , Who are investigating it , They said my sister needs to contact the phone company , But im just wondering can they trace the owner if they are pay&go ,.
Thanks for any replies in advance xxdk
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
I should imagine they could,xxxxxxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I fink they can.xxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
only if the phone is registerd i think
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys, Poor kid is worried sick ,Apparently this is how this gang gets its kicks by going round threatening and beating up younger kids , The police have given my sister a reference number to quote to phone company so they know its genuine to trace the number, I swear im so angry I could scream, The threats they are making are very serious , At present thewy are all up on charges for nearly kicking another young lad to death xxdk
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I can sympathise with this, my 7 year old son has been beaten up by the yobs at the local park so often that he refuses to go now. One 9 year old a year ago sat on my son's head so that her younger brother could kick him. My poor lad was lying on the ground screaming blue murder. I caught her at it, she was genuinely puzzled as to why I lost the rag with her.

Marched her to her parents and told them exactly what I thought of her behaviour. Her mother was stoned though so dunno if anything sunk in, you could see it in her eyes.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Only if the phone is registered, but they can block that phone from calling your nephews number.

Well that info is according to vodafone, plus you need to get a police crime report number to supply to the phone company.

The reason I know this is because one of Michelle's friends had a similar problem when her daughter was at school, as she was getting bullied via the phone.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Only if the phone is registered, but they can block that phone from calling your nephews number.

Well that info is according to vodafone, plus you need to get a police crime report number to supply to the phone company.

The reason I know this is because one of Michelle's friends had a similar problem when her daughter was at school, as she was getting bullied via the phone.
Thanks Colin, the police gave her a ref number, And advised her to keep him home from School,For his own safety and they threatened to kill him , as he has to take the ferry to and from school and they threatened to throw him from the ferry , Also the police said they are taking it very seriously given past events with these we b@st@rds im sorry but any child or person who would consider kicking a young lad about the face and leaving them for dead,Who is still currently in attensive care and videoing the incident and putting it on the net is sick individual people ,Oh if i could only get my hands on them xxdk
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:42 PM
its said 68% of pay n go numbers are not registed

thats staggering isn't it
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:45 PM
How awful, I hope you can track down who's doing this, bless him xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >