Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Windows will not be able to pick up your camera if either of them are not either pluged in or switched on.
Thanks Marie
The camera was switched on and I did the same as I did last night (I think) but the Windows window didn't open
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Have you tried pluging it in another usb port to what happpens.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 03:35 PM
No not yet I'll try later as I got myself into a bit of a temper with it
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Just tried that Marie and the Windows window still didn't open
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner rob.

Asuming that the camera is ok and works fine and the USB cable is ok & the USB port is undamaged this brings it down to xp it's self.

To sort this out you going to have to uninstall your USB hub in the device manager once you have done that restart your system and it will find the USB's and reinstall the drivers for it and that should sort your problem out if it still doesn't pick your camera up then it's going to be a full reinstall of XP to get it sorted.
So if you don't want to go down that line it would be best if you installed the software that came with the camera so you won't have any problems.

Just had thought since xp has done it once then it might of forgot where everything is you could try a defrag to put everything in order again it might work without getting to extreme.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 08:22 AM
The way I upload at work-where my camera software isnt on the computer- is as follows- its a doddle:
plug your camera in as normal via the USB lead, once the hardware is recognised- go to My Computer-click on the camera- it will give your list of images- select them all and right click-"copy". When it asks where to -just select your location in my pictures- say create new folder and just copy- bingo ! No need for any software or any Windows box- all u are doing is copying the images straight from the camera to your computer folder If all else fails i promise u this works- as long as the camera hardware has been recognised by your computer
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2