Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
I have made a lots of research about dog foods and their nutrition. I'm vet assistant (nurse) but going for higher qualification.
Sorry for my writing, but English is not my first language.
Welcome to Dogsey DEAR!

I've only this to add to this thread - I am really, really, really, glad that you are not an assistant in the Vet Practice I use!

The vet assistants at my vet practice are lovely people and go out of their way to reassure the owners of the animals brought there - they don't 'talk down' to them, or sneer at them, or spend all their time trying to show off about the knowledge they've gained in a couple of short years or, in general, just try to look clever!

Any knowledge you do have pertaining to dogs could be useful on a forum like this (although we are not short of experts in every field) your 'style and delivery' of what knowledge you do have however (and that seems limited solely to proprietary dog food ingredients - which anyone can read about on the labels of said food because by law it has to be labelled accurately) - is patronising and condescending to say the least and likely to make people more inclined to ignore what you say.

*I think you'd be doing the forum a service if you named the vet you work for so people could be given the chance to avoid meeting you in real life.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Welcome to Dogsey DEAR!

I've only this to add to this thread - I am really, really, really, glad that you are not an assistant in the Vet Practice I use!

The vet assistants at my vet practice are lovely people and go out of their way to reassure the owners of the animals brought there - they don't 'talk down' to them, or sneer at them, or spend all their time trying to show off about the knowledge they've gained in a couple of short years or, in general, just try to look clever!

Any knowledge you do have pertaining to dogs could be useful on a forum like this (although we are not short of experts in every field) your 'style and delivery' of what knowledge you do have however (and that seems limited solely to proprietary dog food ingredients - which anyone can read about on the labels of said food because by law it has to be labelled accurately) - is patronising and condescending to say the least and likely to make people more inclined to ignore what you say.

*I think you'd be doing the forum a service if you named the vet you work for so people could be given the chance to avoid meeting you in real life.
People who using at least half amount of brain wont buy cheep crap and feed their dogs. These are just hiding behind the truth. Better to say truth in the eyes, not making a smile in the face.Because no one of you can explain me why feeding supermarket foods makes your dogs healthy and shining. Still waiting for some normal explanations instead of moralizing my attitude.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2013, 09:21 AM
People who using at least half amount of brain wont buy cheep crap and feed their dogs. These are just hiding behind the truth. Better to say truth in the eyes, not making a smile in the face.Because no one of you can explain me why feeding supermarket foods makes your dogs healthy and shining. Still waiting for some normal explanations instead of moralizing my attitude.
None of which has anything to with or does anything to help the OP at all. Also if you're a vet nurse impart some useful information that might help.

OP I have no experience of bladder stones but did have a dog with crystals last year. The standard treatment for which is prescription food, mine are raw fed so the vet came up with an alternative which was a course of methodione (just smelt like yeast to me) which combined with cranberry tabs and increasing her water intake got rid of the crystals. Since then she still takes the cranberry and also a vitamin B supplement and has remained clear so far. I'm having a full urine analyse every 6 months at the mo and if the next one is still clear will have it done annually.
mikieboy
New Member!
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I did not mean to course any trouble was just asking if some one could help me my dogs are my everything I have lost 2 dogs in 17 months which has made me quite bad and. My life will never be the same with out them yes I have 2 new dogs but they will never replace my other 2 I never got them to do that
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by mikieboy View Post
I did not mean to course any trouble was just asking if some one could help me my dogs are my everything I have lost 2 dogs in 17 months which has made me quite bad and. My life will never be the same with out them yes I have 2 new dogs but they will never replace my other 2 I never got them to do that
You haven't caused any trouble. I feel for you. Many of us here know the heartbreak of losing a beloved dog. I hope you get some useful advice. Ignore what's no use to you.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You haven't caused any trouble. I feel for you. Many of us here know the heartbreak of losing a beloved dog. I hope you get some useful advice. Ignore what's no use to you.
Offering to ignore reality that you dont like? Sad, that you still cant reply to my question
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Offering to ignore reality that you dont like? Sad, that you still cant reply to my question
You haven't offered any USEFUL advice on any thread so far. You are just hopping about criticising others - for what reason I've no idea. But it certainly isn't to ADD anything to the forum.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:38 PM
If you think pure crap can suit your dog well, then congratulations. I always aware of such a dog owners that don't know nothing about feeding their dogs by proper food. What good you can say about Chappie?
Vets actually highly recommend chappie.
It was recommended to us when Penelope fell ill as a puppy.
It may be cheap, but it seems to work wonders for dogs with tummy trouble.

I don't give it to her, but that is only because my husband is severely allergic to fish and it would be irresponsible to have anything fishy in the house. Especially as Penelope is a messy eater and will hide her food around the house if allowed.

But if it wasn't for allergies, and possibly the smell I would feed it to her as its so highly recommended.

I notice you are a vet nurse?
I'm surprised your vet doesn't recommend it.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
Vets actually highly recommend chappie.
It was recommended to us when Penelope fell ill as a puppy.
It may be cheap, but it seems to work wonders for dogs with tummy trouble.

I don't give it to her, but that is only because my husband is severely allergic to fish and it would be irresponsible to have anything fishy in the house. Especially as Penelope is a messy eater and will hide her food around the house if allowed.

But if it wasn't for allergies, and possibly the smell I would feed it to her as its so highly recommended.

I notice you are a vet nurse?
I'm surprised your vet doesn't recommend it.
Chappie and other economic class dry foods as well wet food contains no more than 4% meat, lots of colourants and preservatives and these are grain based food which is not healthy at all for our dogs. Plus if you feeding with such a food more sensitive dogs can suffer from various kidney, liver or teeth diseases.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Chappie and other economic class dry foods as well wet food contains no more than 4% meat, lots of colourants and preservatives and these are grain based food which is not healthy at all for our dogs. Plus if you feeding with such a food more sensitive dogs can suffer from various kidney, liver or teeth diseases.
While I can understand your thinking, certainly, the ingredients dont look great to me, if it was SO bad then surely hundreds of dogs wouldn't be suddenly cured of sickness and poor digestion on eating it?

Lets not forget as well, no matter how much we try and avoid it, dogs can and do like to eat certain things that we find pretty revolting so some of the ingredients in commercial foods, chicken feet or beaks as an example we might be thinking yuck, the dog could be thinking yum!
Dogs are scavengers after all, they may catch and kill the odd creature, but primarily they scavenge.
Although some raw feeders may disagree with that I don't know.

What I'm trying to say is I honestly think that despite the ingredients chappie is an excellent food as evidenced by the many owners who say it cured their dog and the many vets who recommend it.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >