Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mikieboy
New Member!
Female 

19-06-2013, 10:26 AM

Bladder stones

I hope some one can help me I have a 18months old Lhasa apso called Freddie he has had a operation to remove them about 6weeks ago my vet has but him on royal canin urinary I have tried can food now on dry food he really don't like it my vet said he has to eat it we should give him nothing other than that she said he will eat it even if it takes 4/5days I cannot see him go hungry I have tried everything please help
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I used tinned chappie for one of my previous dogs that had small bladder stones and it cleared them up and they never returned.
I think I am right in saying they need a very low fat bland diet and chappie fitted the bill. My girl wouldn't eat the prescription food either.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I used tinned chappie for one of my previous dogs that had small bladder stones and it cleared them up and they never returned.
I think I am right in saying they need a very low fat bland diet and chappie fitted the bill. My girl wouldn't eat the prescription food either.
Feeding worst quality supermarket food don't expect your dog to be in best state. Dry food that you giving him can be a pure poison for internal organs. First of all take a good read about the food that you giving.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
Feeding worst quality supermarket food don't expect your dog to be in best state. Dry food that you giving him can be a pure poison for internal organs. First of all take a good read about the food that you giving.
I find your post quite offensive. Please tell me if you think my dog looks in a poor state as you implied in your post. The one fed on Chappie is the large dog.

No one food suits all dogs and you have to feed what is best for your individual dog. Chappie suited her and got her well again. chappie is also suited to many dogs that suffer tummy upsets as it is a bland low fat food. Dogs suffering wheat/gluten intolerances won't do well on it.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I find your post quite offensive. Please tell me if you think my dog looks in a poor state as you implied in your post. The one fed on Chappie is the large dog.

No one food suits all dogs and you have to feed what is best for your individual dog. Chappie suited her and got her well again. chappie is also suited to many dogs that suffer tummy upsets as it is a bland low fat food. Dogs suffering wheat/gluten intolerances won't do well on it.
If you think pure crap can suit your dog well, then congratulations. I always aware of such a dog owners that don't know nothing about feeding their dogs by proper food. What good you can say about Chappie?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2013, 07:52 PM
If you think pure crap can suit your dog well, then congratulations. I always aware of such a dog owners that don't know nothing about feeding their dogs by proper food. What good you can say about Chappie?
Are you a canine nutritionist?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:06 PM
You really are very rude person.
Actually I do know a little about dog food as many years ago I was a dog and cat nutritionist. However while Chappie may look rubbish on paper it really suits and works for some dogs, which is why many vets will recommend it for tummy problems.
My girl had previously been on a very good food until she started getting bladder stones and I can tell you after changing to Chappie, not only did the bladder stones clear up but her coat got better and she looked healthier all round.
Now the little JRT in the picture would never have been able to be fed chappie as it would not have suited him at all. You have to look at each dog as an individual and feed what is best for them.

I am the first to cringe when people say they feed their dogs Bakers, but I know personally 3 dogs in different homes all over 16 years old that have been fed Bakers all their lives and they have no health problems and look very good for their age. So even that has done them no harm and has obviously suited them and shock horror the 18yr old has always been free fed it.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:10 PM
You really are very rude person.
Actually I do know a little about dog food as many years ago I was a dog and cat nutritionist. However while Chappie may look rubbish on paper it really suits and works for some dogs, which is why many vets will recommend it for tummy problems.
My girl had previously been on a very good food until she started getting bladder stones and I can tell you after changing to Chappie, not only did the bladder stones clear up but her coat got better and she looked healthier all round.
Now the little JRT in the picture would never have been able to be fed chappie as it would not have suited him at all. You have to look at each dog as an individual and feed what is best for them.

I am the first to cringe when people say they feed their dogs Bakers, but I know personally 3 dogs in different homes all over 16 years old that have been fed Bakers all their lives and they have no health problems and look very good for their age. So even that has done them no harm and has obviously suited them and shock horror the 18yr old has always been free fed it.
Sorry dear, but you dont know nothing about dog food otherwise you wont feed any of your dogs Chappie or other crap from supermarkets. Look at the food description. I still cant understand why you trying to hide behind the true ?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 08:16 PM
So what do you feed your dog then? Oh and just so you don't have a coronary I can assure you my greyhound does not eat Chappie as it would make her very poorly too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Sorry dear, but you dont know nothing about dog food otherwise you wont feed any of your dogs Chappie or other crap from supermarkets. Look at the food description. I still cant understand why you trying to hide behind the true ?
Have you ever heard the expression "Do not teach your Grandmother how to suck eggs"?

You have only just joined this forum and every one of your posts has been condescending and/or sneering as if nobody on Dogsey knows anything about canine nutrition.

Well the majority of us do. And being rude to long-time members will not gain you any brownie points.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >