Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
ffs do you really believe that only GSP's do this? Fwiw most dogs do, I think you need to get acquainted with a few more breeds of dogs. Your ignorance on every subject is astounding.
Most dogs do not do this, can you name a single toy breed that can run 50 to 100 miles in an outing. Or are toy dogs not real dogs for some reason.

Seriously there is a lot more to dogs than your border collie.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Most dogs do not do this, can you name a single toy breed that can run 50 to 100 miles in an outing. Or are toy dogs not real dogs for some reason.

Seriously there is a lot more to dogs than your border collie.
Pay attention love, I've never owned a border collie. My Dobermanns were more than capable of keeping pace with a Gsp. You're not comparing like for like when you compare a GSP and a toy dog, they were bred for entirely different purposes and neither has more virtues than the other.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Pay attention love, I've never owned a border collie. My Dobermanns were more than capable of keeping pace with a Gsp. You're not comparing like for like when you compare a GSP and a toy dog, they were bred for entirely different purposes and neither has more virtues than the other.
Interesting Doberman vs my female GSP. So two dobies came into the dog park, they have no tails so they were wagging their butts to show that they were happy. Anyway my dog likes to be chased, so she runs by the dobies and they begin chasing her. Now the dobies are larger and faster, but my dog is smaller and more agile, so she gets off to faster starts and every time one of the two dogs gets near her she cuts left or right and hits the brakes then changes direction. The dobies nearly go face down in the dirt every time. Now my GSP has two larger dogs getting really pissed as they know that they are faster than the GSP but still can't catch her no how. Now not wanting a further confrontation as my dog has completely humiliated these butt waggers I call my girl over and we leave. Naturally my GSP runs off behind the park where the rabbits are, and the nerd with the dobies starts yelling that I have to leash my dog. I just kept walking and said that you have to leash your dogs, but at least you can watch a real dog search stew ingredients. He screamed that he was going to call the rangers and I waved and walked away with a smile as his dogs are now watching the free dog on the other side of the fence.

Yawn, true story, even the wagging butts.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Yawn Yawn Yawn and of course those two Dobies are representative of all Dobies and the owner was no doubt representative of all Dobie owners. Firstly not all Dobies were Docked and these days in this country they should all have their tails intact. I had two Docked Dobies and one with a tail and the female Docked Dobie could out run and out turn every dog she encountered including Gsp's. I used to regularly bump into a bloke with 2 Gsp's one of which was always going missing. I always got on with other dog walkers, never considered it to be a competition, never been screamed at either. Either it's you attracting the nutters or most Americans are crazy. Maybe it's just the ones you encounter.
Yeah Dobies wag their butts I prefer them docked but even the one with the tail wagged her butt so what are you saying wagging your butt's a defect?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Yawn Yawn Yawn and of course those two Dobies are representative of all Dobies and the owner was no doubt representative of all Dobie owners. Firstly not all Dobies were Docked and these days in this country they should all have their tails intact. I had two Docked Dobies and one with a tail and the female Docked Dobie could out run and out turn every dog she encountered including Gsp's. I used to regularly bump into a bloke with 2 Gsp's one of which was always going missing. I always got on with other dog walkers, never considered it to be a competition, never been screamed at either. Either it's you attracting the nutters or most Americans are crazy. Maybe it's just the ones you encounter.
Yeah Dobies wag their butts I prefer them docked but even the one with the tail wagged her butt so what are you saying wagging your butt's a defect?
I have never walked my dog, that is what this is about. See I walk and photograph, she runs 20 to 50 miles in an outing. You have trained your Dobermans to walk with you, and believe that this makes them trained. I consider a dog on a leash, untrained. Seriously and not trying to be rude, how would you like to be put on a leash and told where to go, and at what speed to go there, there is no freedom or intelligence demonstrated by this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...8024/lightbox/
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Please know we are NOT all crazy. But unfortunately the craziest Americans are the loudest. And when Americans are rude they are really really rude.

And please note this person is likely breaking laws left and right here. VERY few places in the USA can you walk your dog off leash legally. So she is proudly letting her dogs harass other dogs and wildlife. Someday that will bite her in the butt.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Please know we are NOT all crazy. But unfortunately the craziest Americans are the loudest. And when Americans are rude they are really really rude.

And please note this person is likely breaking laws left and right here. VERY few places in the USA can you walk your dog off leash legally. So she is proudly letting her dogs harass other dogs and wildlife. Someday that will bite her in the butt.
The greatest thing about my female shorthair, is that she is soft mouthed, which was bred into the breed so that when a shot bird is returned, it is not crushed by the dogs jaws. Thus as dedicated a tracker as she is, she does not hurt anything, even what she has caught. She just looks at the animal and dances around it, usually the animal tries to bite her after a moment or two of this. Then I call her back, and we go on our way. Unlike them English Foxhounds that rip everything apart......

Some whitetails from this morning that we found on our way. https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...in/dateposted/
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I have never walked my dog, that is what this is about. See I walk and photograph, she runs 20 to 50 miles in an outing. You have trained your Dobermans to walk with you, and believe that this makes them trained. I consider a dog on a leash, untrained. Seriously and not trying to be rude, how would you like to be put on a leash and told where to go, and at what speed to go there, there is no freedom or intelligence demonstrated by this.

You're just making stuff up now, where did I say my dogs walked at my side, of course they did sometimes such as passing others on narrow paths but mainly I walk and the dogs run, they venture a reasonable distance, double back to check on me and off they go again. This is what us Brits call dog walking. It doesn't involve leads. So stop assuming. They were trained to an excellent standard. You are rude, you can't help yourself, you consider yourself superior and you're not. My dogs live by my rules just like I have to live by the laws in this country, we may not like it but I'd like the alternative even less.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...8024/lightbox/

I know and it was aimed just at NickyAnn, Who simply can't see how out of step she is with most forum users.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-05-2016, 09:37 PM

I have never walked my dog, that is what this is about. See I walk and photograph, she runs 20 to 50 miles in an outing. You have trained your Dobermans to walk with you, and believe that this makes them trained. I consider a dog on a leash, untrained. Seriously and not trying to be rude, how would you like to be put on a leash and told where to go, and at what speed to go there, there is no freedom or intelligence demonstrated by this.https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...8024/lightbox/

You're just making stuff up now, where did I say my dogs walked at my side, of course they did sometimes such as passing others on narrow paths but mainly I walk and the dogs run, they venture a reasonable distance, double back to check on me and off they go again. This is what us Brits call dog walking. It doesn't involve leads. So stop assuming. They were trained to an excellent standard. At one point I had 7 dogs, I walked them all together. Do you seriously think I walked round an 800 acre country park with 7 dogs on leads? You are rude, you can't help yourself, you consider yourself superior and you're not. My dogs live by my rules just like I have to live by the laws in this country, we may not like it but I'd like the alternative even less.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...8024/lightbox/[/QUOTE]

I know and it was aimed just at NickyAnn, Who simply can't see how out of step she is with most forum users.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 10:05 PM
He screamed that he was going to call the rangers and I waved and walked away with a smile as his dogs are now watching the free dog on the other side of the fence.

Yawn, true story, even the wagging butts.
Presumably the guy screamed because you had entered the on-lead area with an off lead dog.

It seems, on reading your posts, that you don't mind breaking laws, or your dog menacing wild life.

It also appears that you are very GSP biased to a point where nothing can compare.

They are lovely dogs, but, believe me, all dogs are lovely if you take the time to appreciate them.

Back to e-collars, which this thread is supposedly about, there is never a need for them. Hurting a dog in the name of training is appalling.

By the way Nikie, you said that you haven't zapped your dog, but would should it encounter a bear cub. Apart from the obvious about putting your dog in that situation anyway, if your dog has never been trained to the zap of an electric shock, it wouldn't know what you were trying to tell it and would very likely associate the unexpected pain with the bear cub, thereby putting your dog in more danger
Closed Thread
Page 93 of 98 « First < 43 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 > Last »