View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't know anything about this particular dryer but I would say make sure you get one powerful enough, newfs are gonna need a heavy duty blaster the stronger the better as I'm sure you know. I bought a cheaper one once thinkin I was getting a bargain and ended up buying a better one soon after as it was pants lol, so I forked out twice instead of getting the good one first. I have a pro blast but I want the purple mega blast and hopefully will have it by the end of the month, its the best on the market from what other groomers have told me (plus its purple!!)
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by perrypooh View Post
I don't know anything about this particular dryer but I would say make sure you get one powerful enough, newfs are gonna need a heavy duty blaster the stronger the better as I'm sure you know. I bought a cheaper one once thinkin I was getting a bargain and ended up buying a better one soon after as it was pants lol, so I forked out twice instead of getting the good one first. I have a pro blast but I want the purple mega blast and hopefully will have it by the end of the month, its the best on the market from what other groomers have told me (plus its purple!!)
The mega blaster (purple one) i have used and it is very good but just costs alot. My friend who is a groomer also uses it and she swears by it.

Just can't stretch my budget that much at the moment.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I use a Allbrooks powerpac tornado blaster had it about 6 years and its never failed me, having to wash and blast 4 malamutes for shows its been a godsend, and really gets the water out of the coat, its also quite small and handy, cost me about £200 when I bought it dont know how much they are now.

Mo
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I used an albrooks 75 blaster dryer but to be honest its not really powerful enough for the bigger dogs.
I'd love a new one but thinking of investing in a drying cabinet instead now I'm getting busy it takes forever to get the dogs dry underneath
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I used an albrooks 75 blaster dryer but to be honest its not really powerful enough for the bigger dogs.
I'd love a new one but thinking of investing in a drying cabinet instead now I'm getting busy it takes forever to get the dogs dry underneath
I tried an allbrooks one the other day and it didn't seem bad, is your one on a stand or one that goes on the floor. The one i have been looking at is th tornado power pac dryer blaster.

http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/aca...allbrooks.html
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I use a Mungos Blaster (now Mutneys) and its great for the newfs and Leos and is easy to maintain, very powerful andhas a controllable/variable temp and power switch, it services my customers/clients as well so is in use quite a fair bit ... this is it ....

http://www.groomerssupplies.com/inde...detail&pid=762
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
I tried an allbrooks one the other day and it didn't seem bad, is your one on a stand or one that goes on the floor. The one i have been looking at is th tornado power pac dryer blaster.

http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/aca...allbrooks.html

thats the one I have, (the one on the floor) its great IMO and very very powerful lol we have had some fun here pointing it at our faces/body parts and watched them distort with the strength of the blast lol.

Mo
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I have the Airforce Blaster 4.0 watt peak horsepower and it dries my cockers in about 5 minutes flat.....lol. I did wonder when I first dried Flora if I should tie her to the grooming table in case she got blown away!....lol.

Can't fault it at all.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 10:00 PM
My mind is now boggled...........

I just can't figure out which blows stronger from the ones that have all been mentioned, the technical stuff isn't similar and i;ve lost the plot now.

can anyone work out which are the stronger models for around £200 mark. thanks

i am interested in the yellow one i mentioned in the beginning the allbrooks ones and the others, that everyone else has mentioned and i just haven't got a clue. I need to know which blow out the strongest jets of air. Anyone any thoughts!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 10:47 PM
If its to dry out a shibas coat then IMO the albrooks tornado powerpac, would be ideal, it really is a strong blast that comes from it. as I said I dry my mals with one.

Mo
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >