Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2020, 07:50 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 13th March, 2020

Good morning all, Forget who asked, but no the doctor has not got my results yet I have been told by the med staff to call again next week as my doctor isn't in until Wednesday next week. Thanks for asking.

I trust everyone is well and your four legged friends too. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Good morning Moyra and al who follow

Hope Dave has managed to get a doctors appointment Chris.

Hope your scan results are good Moyra

Lovely morning here. Have just ironed a machine load of washing that I managed to dry outside. Also have done more of the drive so only a bit to do and that bit is not too bad so will be easy. Now waiting for a plumber to fit a new kitchen sink. It was meant to have been done a month ago but the sink didn't turn up on time and then we have had to wait for a slot in his busy schedule . Just hope this means he is good!

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Good afternoon all.

He did manage to get an appointment Sue. He phoned at 8 am on the dot and got an 11 am appointment. He's started the new tablets today so fingers crossed.

He was chatting to the doctor who told him that he had to throw out 3 people yesterday who all came in with flu/coronavirus symptoms. How crazy can you get
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Evening Moyra, Sue, Chris and any to follow.
Drove over to Essex today to see my friend Julie for lunch. First solo long distance journey with the new car all went well thankfully.

Chris glad OH is sorted hoping these tablets cause no reactions.
Sue well done on the driveway.

Michael has messaged Spain has declared a state of emergency and closed down all the terrace restaurants and bars to try to contain this virus. He says it's for two weeks at the moment people can go out and about and shops and airports open, if they can't get it under control in two weeks shops will close, airports will close and like Italy you will have to have a note on you giving you a good reason why you are out.
Maca is working from home due to a colleague being tested positive and also they are keeping them grounded as well for their health.

Hope all are well today and all four legged friends are to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Moyra - Hope the results (when you get them) are good.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
and then we have had to wait for a slot in his busy schedule . Just hope this means he is good!

Sue - If you ever do find a 'good' plumber let us know I've never been that lucky

Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He was chatting to the doctor who told him that he had to throw out 3 people yesterday who all came in with flu/coronavirus symptoms. How crazy can you get
Answer - Some people are just stupid

Chris - My GP said i could go in but we agreed it would be much better if I stayed at home. (She prescribed some anti-biotics) The seasonal flu virus has some similarities to the corona virus but was definately not in my case since I had already 'self isolated' because of the chemo.
I do hope the new tablets help your OH

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Michael has messaged Spain has declared a state of emergency and closed down all the terrace restaurants and bars to try to contain this virus.

Lynn - Seems like drastic action but everyone should be willing to undego these restrictions in the interests of all people.

Have been feeling good today but very tired now so off to bed
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Evening all
I believe that anyone who turns up to a go surgery with symptoms of coronavirus should be barred from the nearest surgeries so that they have to suffer for their stupidity or better still, bar them from all go surgeries and employ the Darwin theory... survival of the fittest, my cousin got took to hospital Wednesday with suspected coronavirus...she called 111 who sent someone to her house, they called her outside and passed her a mask and eye shield...then carted her off to hospital where it all went a bit wrong...they put her in a waiting room with other unaffected people.
Harvey, you keep yourself safe Mr xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 12:18 AM
Crazy isn't it. It's not the only hospital not to segregate suspected cases, Kelly.

My friend went to York A&E and there were two in the A&E waiting room waiting to be tested. Apparently, they'd already gone through triage.