View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I love "our bit" - heck, I love the lot. Wish I was there, instead of freezing, wet and windswept in Blighty!

Lucky Bella!
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
I love Butedale! But I think I'd trade ya for a few days until it warmed up here! My water lines froze last night and it'll be another hour or three until I have a functioning toilet again.

Lovely looking spot!

Cheers!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 01:28 PM
jealous.....nah....not at all....really not you know.....

Thanks for sharing anyway xx
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah, would much rather be up to my ankles in mud

Lovely pictures
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Great pictures Tang, I expect Bella can smell all kinds of things in the sea air that we have no idea about (Well me especially as I can smell almost zilch)
I'm planning a trip to Blighty in April too and I do hope that these storms and continuous rain go away before then.
How about that then? Something we two have in common - my sense of smell is seriously impaired (I can tell hilarious tales of almost wrecking house to find something I 'thought' I could smell!) I have no problem with being able to smell garlic, perfume and sh1t! Fortunately there are many 'smells' that I can 'taste' (I think you probably know what I mean as you are similarly afflicted?)

Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Jealous !!!!!!!!!!!
Oh GOOD! Coz I'm more than a tad jealous of your DAWG! So there! (Mind you - can you just imagine me having a PWD here in Cyp? I get bored telling people Bella's a minpin. Sometimes just agree with them that she is a chi or a dwarf dobie or waddever. I don't think I'd ever get where I was going with your dog beside me - I'd be stopped every metre of the way to be interrogated about what breed he is and probably have to explain where Portugal was too! (But hey they'd probably think he was a rare poodle that I couldn't afford a full haircut for and I'd probably end up agreeing lol)

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I love "our bit" - heck, I love the lot. Wish I was there, instead of freezing, wet and windswept in Blighty! Lucky Bella!
You think my Bella ever displays the slightest hint that she feels lucky'? We've only been home half an hour - and she's already sitting on MY chair with the 'hard done by dog' look firmly in place! I'm expecting an email from her asking why I don't have enough money not to work at all and just pay attention to and play with her all day long! lol!

Originally Posted by TJCeeJay View Post
I love Butedale! But I think I'd trade ya for a few days until it warmed up here! My water lines froze last night and it'll be another hour or three until I have a functioning toilet again.
Lovely looking spot! Cheers!
Oh if I were younger, fitter, stronger 'tis ME that would love to come and see your world for myself (I'd bring hot water bottles and battery operated gloves and foot warmers lol!) So far, Berlin's the coldest place I've visited - it was -15 at the time. Well I've been inside colder places when working as a food quality auditor - blast chillers and cold stores but only for a minute or so if that long!

Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Yeah, would much rather be up to my ankles in mud
Lovely pictures
Because I've always taken all my dogs to what I consider to be wonderful places for them to romp around safely I am firmly convinced that the main benefit of the 'surroundings' and the 'views' is to me (or any owner) and that as long as the dog has the freedom to romp and SMELL and get wet and or muddy if that's their thing - they wouldn't give a monkeys if the location was the local municipal tip! I really don't believe our mutts 'appreciate' views.

I do believe they love to see a huge open space, water (if they like water), other dogs if they like that. But as for the 'surroundings' no.

I know all the dogs I've had don't consider they've 'been out' if they've just been on lead walked round streets or town - not when they've been used to moors, forests, beaches etc.

But when seeking a home for myself one of the most important considerations is nearby LOVELY PLACES to walk my dog in safety. For ME. I never get bored taking in the lovely views which is why I take so many photos of them.

And I served my time walking a dog in wet muddy Devon for many years. I could honestly describe the interior of my car in those years as 'red mud interior'. Seemed to spend half my life cleaning my dog (didn't care about the car)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2