Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-02-2016, 01:51 AM

Trish and Mouse update 2/12

So far they have said the biggest mark for Trish will be 18 months, at that piont it will show how well she has recovered and will be pretty much what she recovers

Since Oct 20th when her stroke happend it has been a up and down thing. Sick a couple time and a mini stroke, also a few med issues and changes.

She is now able to use her right hand and hold light object, can walk short distances, and walked with her walker, for around 10 mins. which is a great improvement over the last 3 1/2 months.
(Both of them giving me the jerk has the camera out look tonight)

(Her getting up to walk to the kitchen and back and 15 to 20 foot each way, to 30 to 40 foot total).
Mouse stays by her side all the way stopping at any piont with her. he has caught her from falling several times now by being by her side.

Him looking at the cup of ice she brought back with her. ( one of his favorite treats).
He walked beside her to the kitchen and back.

Her picking drool that she thought was a peice of ice cube lol

Her using her right hand, to get his drool rag. ( while this may seem little or weird, it is a great improvement as, when she came home she could not even straighten her right fingers fully, least use it for something)

Overall great improvement in my opinion, greatest issue we are facing currently is her short term memory was effected alot so, where she used to leave me stickies, I and she now need them so she does not over take meds or forgets what she is doing, or what I told her.

For the big baby he is, Mouse watches after her and is always by her side when she is moving or sick. For what he has done and does now I could wish for no better dog
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Aww Mouse you're a treasure x
I know my dogs kept me sane after my strokes, I would have gone nuts without them to entertain me.
Glad Trish is doing so well and there are small improvements all the time. Personally I found I had no improvements at all after the first month but nor was I as severely affected as Trish. It's hard to keep pushing yourself but you need to keep the muscles and joints moving. I've pretty much got back to normal or so it appears to outsiders, I'm just good at concealing my issues, but I got back to the Gym and swimming and that helped no end. Keep it up Trish and regain all you can x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Larry what a fabulous companion Mouse is. He really is a special boy.
I have to say that Trish is looking very well and her recovery/improvement is amazing. Please give her my love.
Good luck to you all xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2016, 10:04 AM
He is so good with her isn't he, I am so glad she has him there for her, hope she continues with the improvement and regains more use of her hands and is able to walk unaided very soon.
Lots of hugs Mouse and keep up the excellent work
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Great to keep seeing Trish improve. Good nursing Mouse - and you too Larry!
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Trish says, "thank you all".

She's a bit jealous because Mouse as soon as I get home wants to rough house with me for 30 mins or so, but it she tries to play with him, he will go straight into watchful mode and will not do anything rough with he play wise.

Had a new PT who did not call before coming to the back door, of course Mouse flew out his dog door and trapped him in the corner of the porch and would not let him toward the door or let him out the corner.
Good note was Mouse did not try to bite him just blocked, until Trish got there and called Mouse.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the update, I hope your wife continues to improve, it's often said that dogs know when we are not well and from your description of Mouse I think that is well proved.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Well done all three of you - you too for looking after them