Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Is the X factor a fix?

Ok, I know this gets said every year... but do you think the x factor is a fix?

I do. Every single year someone gets through, who just cannot sing... and loads of other, amazing talented people are sent home because they are not 'good enough'. I know the X Factor is for entertainment, BUT they constantly go on about 'can this person sell records?'... well, most of these 'entertainers' that they keep in, will not sell records!

It hasn't bothered me too much in previous years... I just sigh, and wait until they are voted out, and fast forward their performance (I only watch programmes I record)... but, this year I think it is just a year too far... So, I am not going to watch... I will just need to youtube Ella's performances
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't watch it. Do the people who win X Factor ever sell any records anyway?!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I do watch it, but thought Little Mix were totally useless and have rarely heard of them since
I hope Christopher gets the judges wild card, I really do
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been really disappointed this year. Gone are the hysterical people who think they have the X Factor when they clearly

a) do not own a mirror
b) do not have any friends
c) have parents who must hate them

Ruined all my fun........
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Of course it is fixed. Most of the contestants are singled out as finalists from their very first audition. They throw one or two crap, flamboyant, eccentric singers in to "spice it up" a bit. People like Rylan are certainly not in it for their talents; they are in it because they get people talking. There was that God-awful Johnny Robinson last year.

I think there is some good talent this year. Jahmene and Ella are amazing. I really like James and Kye, too.

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I don't watch it. Do the people who win X Factor ever sell any records anyway?!
If Wikipedia can be trusted, One Direction have sold over 12 million records and Leona Lewis has sold over 20 million so far. There is no accounting for musical taste of course (personally I think One Direction are terrible!) but I don't think anyone can argue that they have not been successful.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I think the question should have been 'DO YOU THINK X factor is a fix?'

I only see it if I get the YouTubs in Cyp or when in UK (and haven't seen any since arriving here in July coz gawd only knows when it is on - none of mine watch it!)

But if it gives only one or two people from ordinary walks of life a chance of fame and stardom now and then - what's wrong with that?

The only one I ever got into trying to follow was that lovely teenager and her white dog! (Can't remember the names) and I heard about that on here - I got a lot of enjoyment seeing them.
brandonleo
New Member!
Male 

17-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Reality TV shows are never quite "reality" are they?
It is always staged to a certain extent.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Of course it is fixed. Most of the contestants are singled out as finalists from their very first audition. They throw one or two crap, flamboyant, eccentric singers in to "spice it up" a bit. People like Rylan are certainly not in it for their talents; they are in it because they get people talking. There was that God-awful Johnny Robinson last year.

I think there is some good talent this year. Jahmene and Ella are amazing. I really like James and Kye, too.

If Wikipedia can be trusted, One Direction have sold over 12 million records and Leona Lewis has sold over 20 million so far. There is no accounting for musical taste of course (personally I think One Direction are terrible!) but I don't think anyone can argue that they have not been successful.
Shows how much I pay attention to these things!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I know someone who works for betfair (bare with) and they have markets for the reality TV, and they say the running order of who performs when is such a crucial factor in who stays. They explained it to me really cleverly, and i did notice it a few times.

I can't think of anything more grim than bet tin on the x factor though!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I think it's a fix and then I don't! lol. I haven't watched it as much this year, well, the live performances as I've been busy every Saturday but have been watching the results show.

I think the woman (can't remember her name), who went last weekend, was probably not as "liked" as the other one. It is all down to popularity with the public, not whether they can sing. There are some awful singers about - I don't actually think Tulisa can sing very well!

I have noticed that the previous years winners don't actually appear until the next series of X Factor starts. One Direction didn't actually win their series but they were about before the following series. I have heard a lot of Rebecca Ferguson in the last couple of weeks and I think she's doing ok for herself. Cher Lloyd is doing well in America as well, although does cause controversy!

Helen