Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 09:16 AM

X Factor - The Panto?

I think Mr Cowell must be planning a new venture after watching X Factor last night - the succession of Pantomime Dames, drag queens and flouncy men with more mince than a spag bol leads me to suspect that either there is a plot afoot or these people are being styled by Danny La Rue`s dresser.

Have these people no friends who will take them aside and gently point out that wearing a frock that shows what you had for breakfast if you are over a size 14 is not a good idea?
Or that bondage gear and a wig apparently made of liquorice is a bit OTT in broad daylight?
It`s either for ratings or it`s preparation for the Christmas Special - I mean we had Cinderella`s Sisters larded with so much makeup they could barely move their lips and the tumble-haired Irish Fairy twinkling about all barefoot and floaty frocked like a Pixie in the Glen.
It`s good fun though.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
It is just what Saturday TV is all about......love it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I think Mr Cowell must be planning a new venture after watching X Factor last night - the succession of Pantomime Dames, drag queens and flouncy men with more mince than a spag bol leads me to suspect that either there is a plot afoot or these people are being styled by Danny La Rue`s dresser.

Have these people no friends who will take them aside and gently point out that wearing a frock that shows what you had for breakfast if you are over a size 14 is not a good idea?
Or that bondage gear and a wig apparently made of liquorice is a bit OTT in broad daylight?
It`s either for ratings or it`s preparation for the Christmas Special - I mean we had Cinderella`s Sisters larded with so much makeup they could barely move their lips and the tumble-haired Irish Fairy twinkling about all barefoot and floaty frocked like a Pixie in the Glen.
It`s good fun though.
Oh dear, don't you want to take the fresh faced young things and tell them 'less is more' where make up is concerned and having imitation spiders crawling out of your eyes and down your face is not a good look particularly if you are going to cry every two minutes

I think the selectors have excelled themselves this year when it comes to weird, or maybe it is all one big 'in joke' which the audience have yet to realise.