Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
El, I do hope you didn't loose money, it's bad enough when these fraudsters invade your privacy.

For the benefit of anyone reading this, please be aware that pretty much anything from Nigeria (that is unsolicited) is a fraud.

I wish I had a quid for every time I've read about those laughable e-mails that tell you that there's some money in Nigeria waiting for you, and all you have to do to claim is send your bank details to Jo Imafraudster in Lagos and he'll do all the leg work and send it to you.
No luckily I didn't...they wanted me to launder some money for them(although they didn't tell me that) but I believed the story they span at first then got suspicious. A lot wiser now.:smt002
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
I believed the story they span at first then got suspicious. A lot wiser now.:smt002
Yes, I guess it's just what nice people would do. This is what these fraudsters count on

Glad you had your wits about you and gave them the heave ho

Using someones elses card to buy electroral role details is worrying isn't it
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear they picked it up relatively quickly and are going to refund your money

Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
At least the bank were on the ball, many times they dont pick up on it till its to late.
We were actually very impressed with ours the other day! We went to pay for some petrol and the card was declined which we thought was very odd but were in a rush to get to another shop before it closed so just paid on another card. When we got home we found a message from the bank asking us to give them a call asap. We did and found they had put a stop on our card until they could clarify some payments with us. I had bought several things over the internet a few days prior (which is unusual for me) and so they were alerted to the unusual buying pattern and put a stop on the card until they could contact us. It's nice to know they are being pro-active when it comes to internet fraud
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2