Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 01:12 PM

Put my foot in it big time

Hi,

Had a text today from one of the mums from my sons football team asking if we could take her son to a tournament tomorrow. We have done a fair bit of running around for her on various occasions, the last time her son was rude and misbehaved but we didn't say anything to her.

Anyway,i sent my OH a text telling him what she'd asked and added i thought she was taking the mickey, but i sent it to her by mistake

As soon as i realised what i'd done i sent her another text apologising profusely, but i've had no reply and i've tried calling her, no reply so i left a message.

Now we don't mind helping out but its always us she asks and there was a time when she asked me if i would collect her son every week from training and take him home (they live a way from us)

I had a big op recently and there was no offer of help then, and whilst i do think they are taking advantage i didn't want to upset her deliberately but feel that now she won't talk to me anymore

I have apologised so i suppose the balls in her court now but i am worring about this making things awkward at matches etc

I am not mega friendly with her and my OH likes her partner, they get on well but it is an embarrassing situation to be in all the same
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 01:54 PM
oops.......I would leave it and perhaps apologise once more in the flesh.After that I suppose it is up to her......

Good Luck!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
.lol.... not funny but lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I think it`s a good thing you made the Freudian slip
Maybe it needed to be said.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2011, 02:39 PM
My friend sent a very rude text to his mother rather than his wife ...
lets just say it involved what he would do to her if she did not make him a cup of tea ...lol
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Claire you are probably right, i do feel like they are taking advantage and i'm not very good at being diplomatic about things like that i tend to say things the wrong way and people take umbrage, and i always end up feeling like the bad person when its not me thats done anything in the first place people seem to think you are being unreasonable if you object to being made use of.

I had a hysterectomy very recently and could not drive for 6 weeks and my OH is only home at weekends through work. I didn't get any offers of help to take my son football training from her then, sometimes i just feel its a one way street
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
My friend sent a very rude text to his mother rather than his wife ...
lets just say it involved what he would do to her if she did not make him a cup of tea ...lol
Oh gawd, that reminds me of the time years ago when some friends and me were having a rather explicit conversation about sex and i had accidentally pressed the call button on my phone which was in my bag at the time and my mum got the whole conversation recorded on her answerphone.........embarassing or what
eyescrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I agree with claire and daisy,i wouldnt say anything else,allow her to have a look at the reasons and she may come up to you..its netter she found out rather then you doing it all and complaining about her,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Anyway,i sent my OH a text telling him what she'd asked and added i thought she was taking the mickey, but i sent it to her by mistake
Oooops - one reason I never use text messaging, in my world nothing is worth texting, it's either important enough to talk, (or leave a voice message) or it can wait 'till I see the person.

Still, as Claire has said, maybe it was a Freudian error
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I agree..... perhaps she'll take a step back and look at what she's been doing...... she should apologise to you, IMO....

x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >