View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Duracell
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-10-2008, 12:16 PM

(tricks!) One of the most rewarding things...

I've ever done... and a breakthrough!

I've been teaching Finn (BC) tricks for months now and we've just had a big breakthrough this morning,

I've finally got him to weave between my legs from a hand signal, it's got to be one of, if not the most rewarding things ever... so happy for him too, sometimes he is so eager to please and enjoys doing it, he looks forward to it.. every time he knows we're finished he just jumps up and hands me a paw... just one

I want to start doing agility with him eventually, I just figure the best way to go first is to get the little guy to fully respond to me so he's always listening... but I got a bit carried away..

Anyone else got some nifty tricks up their sleves... and fur
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I always like the 'rollover' reasonably easy to teach with a clicker, & looks really flashy
My German Spitz always wows visitors to Discover Dogs with that one. No use for agility
Katia
Duracell
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by katia View Post
I always like the 'rollover' reasonably easy to teach with a clicker, & looks really flashy
My German Spitz always wows visitors to Discover Dogs with that one. No use for agility
Katia
Finn hasn't quite got rollover, he gets so excited when we start a training session, he gets to do the roll and just stops in the middle and just looks up waiting for us to give him a belly rub and if do the roll for him and say good boy he just drops straight on his back again and stairs upwards... only thing he's stuck on really, but it's so funny (It's probably him just playing a joke on us though)
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I would suggest that you invest in a copy of Mary Ray's Dog Tricks, full of ideas & tips. Agility or not, the more fun you have with your dog, the stronger the bond becomes. Good luck.
Katia
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Duracell View Post
Finn hasn't quite got rollover, he gets so excited when we start a training session, he gets to do the roll and just stops in the middle and just looks up waiting for us to give him a belly rub and if do the roll for him and say good boy he just drops straight on his back again and stairs upwards... only thing he's stuck on really, but it's so funny (It's probably him just playing a joke on us though)
Sounds probable The main thing is to have fun
Katia
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Bang (play dead)

Bow (same as a play bow)

Have a look at dogtrickacademy.com
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Siren had a break through today - I have been trying to teach her to face away from me on a verbal cue (I try and get rid of hand signals as quick as possible)

Today (after aout a month of trying she finally got it

We will now start work on the walking away......
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Aaaw clever Finn
Mo doesn't "do" tricks, she looks at me as if to say "s*d you" and goes for another sleep on the settee
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey - well done!

We have only just started leg weaving with Tonks, she can do two legs, and then gets clicked and treated!

We are also learning to crawl, "bang" (being shot dead), and walking around a cane while i hold it.

Trick training is great isn't it!