View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 09:09 AM

Job Interview question - How would you market a service to others ANY ideas Please??

Well some of you may know I have been desperately looking for a new job and I have yet another interview this week.

I have to do a powerpoint presentation, which is no probs but I am a bit stuck for new ideas for one of the questions

The job involves working with short and long term unemployed and helping them back to work by encouraging and motivating, helping with CVs letters etc and also "selling" the service to local employers in the hope of securing job vaccancies.

One of the questions is basically how would you engage with the employers in order to sustain a source of vacaancies for our client group!!

Having worked in this field before that is a toughy. As basically you are trying to get an employer to give someone who may never have worked a chance instead of taking the easy route. The company is a charity so money is tight and in the past we have tried lettering and calling employers but it really was difficult.

My suggestions so far are to get involved with the planning office of local shopping centres, and establishing links with employment agencies and using the fact that the company has premises that can allow us to carry out initial interviews

Anyone got any innovative ideas or suggestions???

Please?